Post-Game Talk: Chiasson sucks

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
That included Nuge on the wing.

We don't need one more legit top 6 winger, we need 3. And then we need an entire 3rd line, too.
I don’t think Yams and Jesse are going anywhere. Long term they will be good top 6 options. If we keep Nuge he’s another guy who will be in the top 6 shuffling with Drai from wing to the middle. We’ll see what direction the team goes.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I don’t think Yams and Jesse are going anywhere. Long term they will be good top 6 options. If we keep Nuge he’s another guy who will be in the top 6 shuffling with Drai from wing to the middle. We’ll see what direction the team goes.

I agree with you on Pulju.

I'm not sure Yams has what it takes. I like the guy a lot, but he's honestly just not that effective. We need his motor and brain in a guy with Zack Kassian's size. Best case scenario is Yams can be a Brendan Gallagher type that spends 30 games a year on IR. Worst case, he's a sub 30 point guy while playing with McDrai and getting belted around like this year.

He's just not good enough.

I have time for Nuge still, I think getting rid of him looks life getting rid of Eberle did in a few short years. But if this team wants to compete, Nuge is your 3c at best.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
They've leaked a fair amount of dangerous situations and chances against. They had some good possession but not too much I'd consider consistently very dangerous. You're likely looking at advanced analytics that are subjective to the data collector. My opinions differ from that of the subjective data collected.

I don't need data to tell me they've created more chances than they've given up and that many of the ten bell chances against haven't been on them but their D who have forgotten how to hold the zone and hit the net.

It's amazing how your subjective, biased opinions always lead you to the same conclusions (the good players are the problem), you might want to ponder that.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I agree with you on Pulju.

I'm not sure Yams has what it takes. I like the guy a lot, but he's honestly just not that effective. We need his motor and brain in a guy with Zack Kassian's size. Best case scenario is Yams can be a Brendan Gallagher type that spends 30 games a year on IR. Worst case, he's a sub 30 point guy while playing with McDrai and getting belted around like this year.

He's just not good enough.

I have time for Nuge still, I think getting rid of him looks life getting rid of Eberle did in a few short years. But if this team wants to compete, Nuge is your 3c at best.
Yams has been a mixed bag. He’s shown enough flashes that I have more time for him but in the long run you may be right.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I don't need data to tell me they've created more chances than they've given up and that many of the ten bell chances against haven't been on them but their D who have forgotten how to hold the zone and hit the net.

It's amazing how your subjective, biased opinions always lead you to the same conclusions (the good players are the problem), you might want to ponder that.

They've created more chances I don't consider terribly dangerous. They leaked some dangerous situations and chances. It's subjective. We disagree. It's not like they've gotten beat down badly. But they simply have not been all that good at all.

They're definitely part of the problem in the first two games. You can't compare their play to the other players on our team. If so, they shouldnt be making so much more.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
I mean Malkin did lead the Penguins to a win in the 2009 Finals with Crosby being largely shut down (0 points in game 5, 6, and 7, 1 goal total in the 7 game series).

His wingers were Fedotenko and Sykora, not exactly superstar players. The team he was playing was loaded too, Datysuk, Zetterberg, Hossa, Lidstrom.

That's not an opinion, that happened.

We're having trouble winning even 2 games in first round match ups and the DRY line that had a stretch of success last year has not been able to replicate that.

So I don't think it's completely unfair to ask if the Draisaitl = Malkin thing is really accurate. He's great, but maybe not quite that tier of player.

I have just looked at Malkins Playoff Stats in that 2009 season...without Crosby All Strength he is massive +2 in goals...I dont know but this is not so awesome as you are buying it...btw Crosbys stats without Malkin are much better...together they had amazing stats...and also the team without Crosby and Malkin on the ice at even strength over the full playoffs was only -1 in goals...this is the main difference...that narrative they hadn't a good team around them is statistical not correct...Oilers would kill if they had the depth of the penguins in this season.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
They've created more chances I don't consider terribly dangerous. They leaked some dangerous situations and chances. It's subjective. We disagree. It's not like they've gotten beat down badly. But they simply have not been all that good at all.

They're definitely part of the problem in the first two games. You can't compare their play to the other players on our team. If so, they shouldnt be making so much more.

I'm fine with the chances they've been creating and their overall play, sometimes you hit a hot goalie. After the Jets trapping/interference, Hellebyuck has been the biggest difference in this series, I don't think you can ignore that factor. They keep up their level of play, they'll cash in.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Pulu looked good? How so?? Im not throwin shade at him and he wasn't bad but in what universe do yo give him props for being the best in this game? McD and Drai both created more and he relies on their space creation.

Typical you throw props to a guy that even Tipp replaced for a shift to try and do more.
Trash post.

back on ignore you go if all you’re going to do is stalk my posts and reply with garbage.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Trash post. You hate Pulju so much that you’re now stalking my posts?

you can’t even admit when he has a really good game, you’ll comb over threads that are days old just to throw shade. Pathetic.
He has a good game.. for a third line winter. You’re kidding yourself if you think hes more than a third liner. He has a good toolbox but 30 other teams have at least 5-6 better forwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad