Confirmed Trade: [CHI/WSH] Michal Kempny for 2018 3rd round pick

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Love this trade.

Even though they propably overpaid, this spells the end for Orpik-Bowey pairing. Them together were just cringe-worthy beyond any means. Madison Bowey has the tools to actually become a solid player one day but his toolbox is beyond questionable and Brooks Orpik is the last guy you want to mentor him on that.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
We need a few more inept pinchers so the Pens can get their full allotment of odd man breaks in Round 2.

dhMeAzK.gif

haha this guy gets it

Reactions: AvsGuy and NH

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
washington has two 3rd rounders. toronto's and washingtons

if washington wins the cup then the 31st pick (aka washingtons original pick) goes to chicago

if leafs win the cup then the 31st pick (aka torontos pick owned by caps) goes to chicago

I think you mean the 93rd pick. Its between 3rd round picks not 1sts.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
A 3rd? Really?

We should sell Schlemko/Benn/Jerabek/Morrow for 3rd-4th pick as fast as possible then.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Just fine with it. Our scouting staff obviously like the guy. Whats late third round pick good for anyways. Not much. Maybe worth a Kempny.

This also means Caps cant trade their other third!!

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Looking at his stats, most fans will scratch their heads, but watching him over the years, and his advanced stats indicate he can be a solid #4-5 d-man and he skates very well. Too bad Q never utilized him properly. Erik Gustafsson, Jordan Oesterle, Cody Franson have played in the line-up over this guy.

Often he'd have a good game, pick up an assist, be a +2, and get scratched the next game. Made no sense at all. He was also one of the few defenders who was able to play with Brent Seabrook (who is aboslutely terrible).

Reactions: Weiss1604

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Don't think we should have traded him, but the return is fine.

Will be funny if WSH goes all the way to a cup this season. Between Kempny and Daley, teams would be calling Stan non-stop to ask 'so.... you have any mobile puck-movers that Q hates?'

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Don't think we should have traded him, but the return is fine.

Will be funny if WSH goes all the way to a cup this season. Between Kempny and Daley, teams would be calling Stan non-stop to ask 'so.... you have any mobile puck-movers that Q hates?'

It would be even funnier if Caps lose in Round 1, re-sign Kempny, fire Trotz, Hawks fire Quenneville and Caps hire Quenneville. Michal, I'm afraid I have some terrible news for you...

It's funny because it totally could happen.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Another odd move by Washington. Couple years ago they gave up a 3rd for a plug D from Buffalo that they didnt use, cant remember his name.

Kempny couldnt even play on a crummy chicago team, very surprised he got a 3rd round pick for a 27 yr old.

Gives me hope that Hutton would be able to get the same type of pick if we chose to trade him

Reactions: GoCaps2004

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Should mean Wingels and Franson can net at least a 3rd
Then maybe a 4th for Bouma?

And then Anisimov probably moves at the draft since his NMC becomes a NTC. Maybe he can net a late 1st round pick? Ryan Reeves was apparently worth that.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Love this trade.

Even though they propably overpaid, this spells the end for Orpik-Bowey pairing. Them together were just cringe-worthy beyond any means. Madison Bowey has the tools to actually become a solid player one day but his toolbox is beyond questionable and Brooks Orpik is the last guy you want to mentor him on that.

Whats the caps defensive pairings looking like now?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Another odd move by Washington. Couple years ago they gave up a 3rd for a plug D from Buffalo that they didnt use, cant remember his name.

Kempny couldnt even play on a crummy chicago team, very surprised he got a 3rd round pick for a 27 yr old.

Gives me hope that Hutton would be able to get the same type of pick if we chose to trade him
Mike Weber

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
There was a time when Twitter Chicago fans believed that Ottawa was interested in Kempny and that he was a part of a return for Karlsson. Wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad