Confirmed Trade: [CHI/WSH] Michal Kempny for 2018 3rd round pick

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think it’s official, the Caps won this trade.

One of, if not, the best, deadline deal we have ever made. How in the world did he slip through the cracks in Chicago?

The Caps would not be in the Conference finals without Kempny.

cause quennville is an idiot and does not know how to use players to their strengths instead he neuters them and forces them to play an archaic, ineffective system that clearly does not work in the NHL in this day and age.

in short coach Q has watched the NHL evolve and he has refuses to do so

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
yeah hes good, again chicago buries a good player and trades them for nothing

cant afford to do that anymore with their core aging and leaving

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I think it’s official, the Caps won this trade.

One of, if not, the best, deadline deal we have ever made. How in the world did he slip through the cracks in Chicago?

The Caps would not be in the Conference finals without Kempny.
This is what most of us said when it happened. Pretty much only Q and one poster on our boards think that Kempny isn't a good player, the rest of us were furious with his lack of playing time and that he was lucky to suit up at all.

Reactions: thesaadfather

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
This trade from a Hawks perspective: :shakehead
I mean yeah as the Caps we'll keep him but the Hawks D Core is still a Stanley Cup-winning unit. No one feels sorry for you.

Kempny is a good player, I just think the roster made him expendable in Chi and he can thrive in Wsh with more appropriate usage he was honestly never going to get in Chi (and not just because of Q). Players in Chi with higher salaries dictate that they play over players like Kempny and their salaries are what they are because of what they HAVE DONE. So everyone wins in the end.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I mean yeah as the Caps we'll keep him but the Hawks D Core is still a Stanley Cup-winning unit. No one feels sorry for you.

Kempny is a good player, I just think the roster made him expendable in Chi and he can thrive in Wsh with more appropriate usage he was honestly never going to get in Chi (and not just because of Q). Players in Chi with higher salaries dictate that they play over players like Kempny and their salaries are what they are because of what they HAVE DONE. So everyone wins in the end.
The Hawks D Core is one of the worst in the league. It’s basically just Keith, and then 2 or 3 guys who are sometimes ok.

helicon1

Jan 4, 2010
Not the first time this has been the case, but this trade is 100% on Q. Although Bowman did very well in getting a third for him at least.

Oh yeah? So who of Keith, Forsling, Osterle, Franson or Gustafsson was he not playing over because of salary?

Reactions: jls24

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This trade was a good trade for both teams.

Washington gets a solid addition to their back end. Hawks get a draft pick and us fans get the privilege of talking more shit about how bad Q's become over these last few years. Everyone wins!

Reactions: jls24

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
This trade was a good trade for both teams.

Washington gets a solid addition to their back end. Hawks get a draft pick and us fans get the privilege of talking more **** about how bad Q's become over these last few years. Everyone wins!
Lol. Well said.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Almost every Blackhawks fan in this thread save one noted Quenneville sycophant said that Kempny would do well on another team with a coach willing to actually give him a fair shot.

Happy to see him succeed.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Literally all of us on the Hawks board were saying that its a good trade cause Q is an idiot and didn't even play him. Might as well get a 3rd.
yup, Hawks fans knew what we had here with Kemp, unfortunately our coach I wouldn't trust with a potato gun any more...couldn't see any glimmer of talent there and played Oesterle over him and anyone else with a wooden leg or pylon attached to their ass..

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Someone tweeted that he (Kempny) was getting ready to go back to Europe when he got dealt. I guess for the off season trying to see who would be interested.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Why are my leafs boys always nabbing at hopefulness. We have our own plan. He’s a great pickup by caps. Prob resign ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad