Confirmed Trade: [CHI/WSH] Michal Kempny for 2018 3rd round pick

Shagged Yer Nan

Tom Filthson
Feb 15, 2012
NoVa
I'm fine with it. Anything to help bolster our bottom pairing. I assume Chroney will be recalled to the A, and Bowey will become the 7th Dman.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Sweet, trade any warm body that's not in the future plans for picks! Hopefully we'll get something, anything for Wingels/Bouma/Duclair/Rutta/Jurco. Would also trade Anisimov for a 1st and a prospect, even though that is less likely.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Depends if the Leafs pass the 2nd round.

giphy.gif

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Wow, literally a month ago i was talking to my friend about the Caps trade deadline options, and i went through some of the low-key options because of their salary cap. Kempny was the guy that seemed like the best fit. But then we never talked about it again.

Sometimes it's fun to see GM's think the same way.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Now I'm really confused. I thought it was a 3rd rd pick and the condition was between Tor on Wsh pick.

washington has two 3rd rounders. toronto's and washingtons

if washington wins the cup then the 31st pick (aka washingtons original pick) goes to chicago

if leafs win the cup then the 31st pick (aka torontos pick owned by caps) goes to chicago

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
washington has two 3rd rounders. toronto's and washingtons

if washington wins the cup then the 31st pick (aka washingtons original pick) goes to chicago

if leafs win the cup then the 31st pick (aka torontos pick owned by caps) goes to chicago
He doesn't mean the 31st overall pick, he means the 31st pick in the 3rd round

Reactions: GoCaps2004

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It's a reasonable trade for Caps. As others have said, Kempny was mismanaged by Q. He was part of a really good pairing last year with Seabrook, once the Hawks reacquired Oduya Q sent Kempny to the press box for the remainder of the season and re-established a D pairing that was historically awful (sub 40 corsi) in Seabrook/Oduya, one that was a factor in costing the Hawks the 2014 WCF series against LA. This year Kempny has continued to be a great possession player, but Q prefers others like Oesterle etc. For a 3rd round pick it has a chance to be a great trade for the Caps imo.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Thanks. To my original question.. the tweet said the "higher" of the Tor or Wsh pick. Does "higher" mean the better pick, or the higher number pick?
I would assume higher pick means higher up in the draft? so I would think better. but yeah the wording is weird

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad