Confirmed with Link: [CHI/NYR/ARI] Kane (50% + 25%) and Zech to NYR; Welinski, Saarijarvi, ‘23 2nd (top 10 prot ‘24 1st if NYR make ECF), ‘25 4th to CHI; ‘25 3rd to ARI

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Of course had to post literally one second after this. So f***ing wierd to see him in another color man...
I hear you. The interview was like watching your ex with their new partner, except it's more along the lines of both parties accepted that the relationship ran it's course and parted ways for the better. He stuck it out and tried to make it work far longer than I expected. Sometimes it's just time.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I hear you. The interview was like watching your ex with their new partner, except it's more along the lines of both parties accepted that the relationship ran it's course and parted ways for the better. He stuck it out and tried to make it work far longer than I expected. Sometimes it's just time.

He sounded like hes coming back though, at least in the beginning.

Could always change of course.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
He sounded like hes coming back though, at least in the beginning.

Could always change of course.
I don't think he alluded to a lot, but the way he talked did make it sound like a possibility.

Maybe reading too much into it, but him comparing this move like joining team USA sounds like it might be more of a vacation for him than anything.

Of course, we all already know he's not long for being a Ranger, just a question of where he goes afterwards.

Reactions: Giovi and Muffinalt

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Funny this game is blocked on espn+ on my tvs but I can watch it fine on my phone(Pittsburgh) anyone else having that issue?

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
I don't think he alluded to a lot, but the way he talked did make it sound like a possibility.

Maybe reading too much into it, but him comparing this move like joining team USA sounds like it might be more of a vacation for him than anything.

Of course, we all already know he's not long for being a Ranger, just a question of where he goes afterwards.
I'm definitely guilty of reading into his wording and body language the past few interviews, but one thing I've noticed in all of his interviews is Kane using the word "experience" a lot.

He's likely just fielding questions to the best of his ability, keeping it light, but I'm getting vibes he's using this opportunity to simply take a break. His post game interview tonight he mentioned "it's his (Panarin's) team." If Chicago can land Bedard, I think that vastly improves the chances of him returning.

It was nice to see Ranger fans welcome him the way they did though. As weird as it sounds, it made me feel proud.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I'm definitely guilty of reading into his wording and body language the past few interviews, but one thing I've noticed in all of his interviews is Kane using the word "experience" a lot.

He's likely just fielding questions to the best of his ability, keeping it light, but I'm getting vibes he's using this opportunity to simply take a break. His post game interview tonight he mentioned "it's his (Panarin's) team." If Chicago can land Bedard, I think that vastly improves the chances of him returning.

It was nice to see Ranger fans welcome him the way they did though. As weird as it sounds, it made me feel proud.
I heard that quote about Panarin getting to be the last guy on the ice. Certainly felt like Kane's team isn't the New York Rangers to Patrick Kane.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'll welcome him back as our captain with open arms if he wants to come back in the offseason.

But if he doesn't want to come back, it is what it is. Might make me think a bit less of him, but he's free to do what he wants.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'll welcome him back as our captain with open arms if he wants to come back in the offseason.

But if he doesn't want to come back, it is what it is. Might make me think a bit less of him, but he's free to do what he wants.
I feel like it's a mutual separation. Kane doesnt want to play through a total rebuild, and management wants to move on from that era.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
One more thing with the whole Kane situation is how weird the Hawks are handling the aftermath.

Charlie Howeveryouspellhisname was reporting from the NYR game today. Which if he was a regular journalist, fine, whatever. But he works for NBCSCHI, dude is on the Hawks pay roll. Why are the Hawks paying someone to cover a former player?

And what is with all the celebrations at the UC tonight? Big chalk mural, tribute video when Kane isn't there, and again, a good amount of coverage during intermission of a guy who doesn't play here. We as fans can over-obsess like Kaner is our ex, but weird for an entire organization to do it.

Keith never got this treatment. Sure, he was traded in the off-season, but still.

The Hawks are either trying to sell tickets so bad that every 5 minutes they're name-dropping a guy who doesn't play here anymore, or they still feel he's a part of the team.

Edit: And a Blues fan asking about Hawks jerseys on the 'Anything Goes' thread made me look up the cbhshop site. They really do not have a lot of jersey name options there, but the ones they have that are for ex-Hawks are all marked down; except for Kane's. Given his popularity and the recency of the trade, I might be reading too much into this, but it is slightly interesting that his Hawks jerseys are still going for full price ATM.

Last edited:
Reactions: LavalPhantom

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The Hawks are either trying to sell tickets so bad that every 5 minutes they're name-dropping a guy who doesn't play here anymore, or they still feel he's a part of the team.
I mean, that's probably the main motivating factor.

They have literally nothing else to market. Not a single player. Seth Jones doesn't sell tickets.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Sure, but what if it wasn't?
I've never really had a good read on what KD thinks of Kane.

Kane doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would be part of KD's vision. But even Kyle has to understand the importance of a superstar in the locker room, right?

And also if Kane wants to return, I'd have to imagine the higher ups would tell Kyle to get it done so they can sell Captain Kane jerseys.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion either way. But I think his experience in New York will dictate his decision. He might love the thrill of it, and want to keep chasing Cups. Maybe he feels out of place and misses Chicago. Maybe he wins a Cup and that quenches his thirst, and he'll be satisfied to come back to a rebuild. I don't know.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Edit: And a Blues fan asking about Hawks jerseys on the 'Anything Goes' thread made me look up the cbhshop site. They really do not have a lot of jersey name options there, but the ones they have that are for ex-Hawks are all marked down; except for Kane's. Given his popularity and the recency of the trade, I might be reading too much into this, but it is slightly interesting that his Hawks jerseys are still going for full price ATM.
I'm not sure this is an indication to anything. I'll bet the likes of Hossa, Mikita, Hull, etc wouldn't have marked down prices either. He's a Hawks legend, the jerseys will sell at full price.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Kane/Panarin off to an auspicious start: Panarin -5 and Kane -4 in the first 2 games back together.

How long will it be until Gallant separates them?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The magic they had has not manifested...Kane -4 with no points in 2GP ..drawing Panarin down with him..

Kane now -25 for the season..

If NYR keep living,tge conditional 2nd looking like it stays ax2md but gettibgva betterv2nd the more they lose...so there is that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad