Confirmed with Link: [CHI/NYR/ARI] Kane (50% + 25%) and Zech to NYR; Welinski, Saarijarvi, ‘23 2nd (top 10 prot ‘24 1st if NYR make ECF), ‘25 4th to CHI; ‘25 3rd to ARI

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Kane cant demand to much at any competing team, because they are close to the cap. Thats the problem with being a cornerstone, hard to change scenario. My view, is that he wants to be in Rangers. He odC could be with chicago, and next year, once again being traded to a contender.. lol..

Trochek out, Kane in. When I looked at Rangers rooster, I see their team is really stacked. Lafranierre, Chytil wants new contracts, and they will eat a bit more cap. Cant see Laf getting more than Kakko. 2,1.

Trouba and Fox is good players, but Trouba sinks the team a bit with his cap at 9...
I wrote that before. Chicago has Jones and a lot of low contracts. They can offer can 1yr 10 mill. … with some slightly more friendly conditions on the no trade clause.
Chicago moves him again with retention.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
I highly doubt that Kane comes back AND agrees to be traded again next trade deadline.
Me too. Only way I could see it was if the Hawks offered like 3M more than any other team in exchange for his willingness to be traded again. But I’d be extremely surprised.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Me too. Only way I could see it was if the Hawks offered like 3M more than any other team in exchange for his willingness to be traded again. But I’d be extremely surprised.
Yeah, I don’t think he particularly enjoyed the tdl experience.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I highly doubt that Kane comes back AND agrees to be traded again next trade deadline.
Realistically what could a team offer him? Without significantly weakening their cup chances I think most clubs could off 4 to 6 million TOPS. Chicago gives him 10 mill. He’s home until March and gets to pick a top team to try for another cup.
It’s certainly not likely but it is possible.
The best part would be the members of other fan bases heads imploding when the Hawks get assets for him 2 deadlines in a row.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Realistically what could a team offer him? Without significantly weakening their cup chances I think most clubs could off 4 to 6 million TOPS. Chicago gives him 10 mill. He’s home until March and gets to pick a top team to try for another cup.
It’s certainly not likely but it is possible.
The best part would be the members of other fan bases heads imploding when the Hawks get assets for him 2 deadlines in a row.
I don't think money is Kanes top priority. Either he plays for lots of money here with an agreement he won't be traded again, or he signs elsewhere for less.

I'm not even sure Chicago management wants him back, or if Kane wants to play on a rebuilding team.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I don't think money is Kanes top priority. Either he plays for lots of money here with an agreement he won't be traded again, or he signs elsewhere for less.

I'm not even sure Chicago management wants him back, or if Kane wants to play on a rebuilding team.
I agree with this. If the Rangers want him back, the team is competitive, he likes the city, and his wife/family enjoy it, I think he takes a decent discount on a 1 or 2-year deal which would fit the timeline for the Rangers to pay some other players big money.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida

I agree your take is more likely.
But
If he signs with a team and they have 1 or 2 significant injuries he loses his chance at a 4th cup. Waiting until a week or so before the deadline lowers those chances.
Unless he signs for 2 or 3 years I doubt his family is moving. Her support system is all there. Though if he signs with Buffalo his sisters and extended family all live there.
Also mom is likely going back to Buffalo since one of his sisters is soon going to have moms 2nd grandchild.
He could pretty much guarantee going to a top 3 - 5 team and only be gone a few months.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
1678840531921.png

Alrighty....

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
They were saying on that Caps/Rags broadcast that there are two many elite puck handlers on the Rangers. They’re over passing, not shooting enough, etc…moments later Kane rips a slap shot and scores on the PP haha.

I think they’ll be just fine in the playoffs. They’ve got to get some chemistry, adding Kane and Tarasenko are massive changes that’ll take time for everyone to get used to

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
They were saying on that Caps/Rags broadcast that there are two many elite puck handlers on the Rangers. They’re over passing, not shooting enough, etc…moments later Kane rips a slap shot and scores on the PP haha.

I think they’ll be just fine in the playoffs. They’ve got to get some chemistry, adding Kane and Tarasenko are massive changes that’ll take time for everyone to get used to
I watched last night and the Rangers looked a lot better with the new lines separating Panarin and Kane.

Kane played really well and was back checking hard, several times the first forward back and covering for Trochek until he got back.

Also when guys got Kane the puck, they moved their feet and tried to get to open areas where he would then get them the puck back. Much more effective than passing it to him and standing still watching what he'll do with it. I feel like it's just a matter of time before points really start to pile up for him.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I watched last night and the Rangers looked a lot better with the new lines separating Panarin and Kane.

Kane played really well and was back checking hard, several times the first forward back and covering for Trochek until he got back.

Also when guys got Kane the puck, they moved their feet and tried to get to open areas where he would then get them the puck back. Much more effective than passing it to him and standing still watching what he'll do with it. I feel like it's just a matter of time before points really start to pile up for him.
Agreed. Kane looking more like himself. Starting to gel with Kreider and Trocheck. The Zib, Tank, and Panarin line has been good, too.

I always thought Kane's poor defense was like 80% lack of effort, but he's actually trying on the Rags and is still bad lol. Rangers fans will forgive that once he turns it on.

That team doesn't exactly play a full team game. They will have to tighten up a lot and Igor will have to regain his form to have a chance at going deep. I don't like to bet on loose, high-flying offensive teams.

They are my team to watch now. Kane's just starting to get going and he already has 3 + 2 in 7 games. Guy still shits points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad