Confirmed with Link: [CHI/NYR/ARI] Kane (50% + 25%) and Zech to NYR; Welinski, Saarijarvi, ‘23 2nd (top 10 prot ‘24 1st if NYR make ECF), ‘25 4th to CHI; ‘25 3rd to ARI

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Then you’re merely choosing to view this all with a chip on your shoulder instead of a front office doing what they had to so a legend could contemplate his future. We don’t have Cups without him. He’s already one of the best Hawks ever. After all he did for us fans you’re going to complain about a draft pick we missed out on. Especially now that it looks like he’s not coming back, ownership and KD wanted to send him out right to maintain a good relationship with a guy who will be back here in some form or the other in the future.

“Sorry Patrick, we can only get a second rounder for you instead of a first so screw you we’re not trading you even though that’s what you want. Thanks for everything but you’ll play the rest of these games as a Hawk and then GTFO when the season is over”…real classy move by the FO that would be.

If anyone is angry about this give your head a shake and go watch some Stanly Cup highlights to remember the kind of player he was. Some things are bigger than draft picks
Chip on my shoulder?

Multiple things can be true at the same time
for me, I know everything is supposed to be black and white for many.
-Kane is great, only Jordan is better or more entertaining in Chicago in my lifetime​
-Kane acted like a deutschebank by expecting everything to wait on him knowing everyone would bend over for him last second (Hawks, NYR, or league franchises),​
-I want the best for Kane as one of the goats.​
-Kane's justified and has earned the what he has in writing to do whatever he wants​
-Public is justified judging​
-the return sucked​
-the return sucked in the short term because of Kane​
-the return sucked overall because of how the Hawks handled things last summer in the dash for picks​
-Davidson was right to move him in most circumstances,​
-Davidson was wrong to move him for that return,​
-I hope Kane wins another cup and breaks lots of scoring records​
-I could care less about moving into the 29th-32nd OA slot because it just doesn't matter with so many picks already.​
-I would really like to see the Hawks get a PR win and maybe look like the selfless good guys for a change instead of all the other character failures decade after decade.​

I said elsewhere I think the Hawks should have given him away for nothing instead of a marginal and redundant pick. I don't get very interested about late firsts, let alone 2nds, they look much better on paper before they are used unless the system is completely empty. Beach, Ross, Rocky crying about $$ in 2011, tarnished 2010, and all the ugly history with players and the franchise before.

Big chance to say, they're staying principled and it's not about anything but taking care of the player that did so much on the ice for the franchise. "People first" blah blah blah. Instead they ate cr@p on the trade to cover their rear ends. Writers are struggling to convince anybody any of this was the franchise doing anything more than self serving.

If they didn't trade him for nothing or a good return, keep him and have the party of Kane for 6 weeks to finish 23'. They did so much to sanitize his image for 15 years, they could have finished it out looking good.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It wasn't just his image that was sanitized. In the Cup years, Kane was surrounded by talent that allowed the coach to shelter him. I'm sure that Gallant already knows this but if not he will quickly find out. The guy who ends up playing with Panarin/Kane will have his work cut out for him.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
483BD380-D1DA-4B6F-BE14-F0B61BEA2C35.jpeg

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It wasn't just his image that was sanitized. In the Cup years, Kane was surrounded by talent that allowed the coach to shelter him. I'm sure that Gallant already knows this but if not he will quickly find out. The guy who ends up playing with Panarin/Kane will have his work cut out for him.
No ones happier than you, that Kaner is gone.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
“If you look at it from the pure hockey standpoint and from an asset return standpoint, it probably doesn’t compute,” Davidson said. “But given the circumstances and the situation, we achieved what we wanted, and that was to put Patrick on a team that he wanted to go to. That’s the main goal here: hopefully get some assets here, which we feel we did, but mainly was repaying a player that’s done so much for the franchise.”

From the Athletic article RTR posted.
This should be enough to settle all of this whinging from these uppity Hawks fans.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I didn't chime in on this. Return sucks, but KD had no leverage. It was time to move on to the next era of Hawks hockey. Hopefully they get Bedard or someone really good this year. That's all I've got.

Good luck to 88 in Manhattan, hope they get to the ECF so the Hawks get a 1st.

Reactions: Muffinalt

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016

lol you're still so salty that Kane is the GOAT Blackhawk and most important (just edging out Keith) Blackhawk from the Cup runs?

When Toews goes into the Hall of Fame it will be because he got to play with Patrick Kane who brought him those cups

This thread is basically a Dashboard Confessional concert.

VINDICATED

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Why minimize Toews' contribution and impact?

They're both important players.

Sure they are, just Toews has been crap for most of the past 8 seasons and let's be honest without gamebreakers like Kane he would just another Shane Doan or Ryan Smyth

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Sure they are, just Toews has been crap for most of the past 8 seasons and let's be honest without gamebreakers like Kane he would just another Shane Doan or Ryan Smyth
Without Toews taking heavy matchups, being a top PK and faceoff guy, and absolutely dominating possession, Kane wouldn't have cups either, and would just be another Adam Oates. Just stfu.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I think about this a lot.

It’s not just Panarin. Imagine if they could’ve held on to Turbo. What if they didn’t over pay Seabs?

Too many what ifs. Just sucks.

Of course I’ll get over all of this quicker if we get Bedard.
It all hasn’t played out yet people...

Does anyone remember the selling off of Steve Sullivan(two 2nds-RGarlock,MBkunden), Alexei Zhamnov(JVandermeer, CFraser and a 2nd-BBickell), Alexander Karpovtaev RIP(4th-NHjlamarsson), Mark Bell(MHavlat deal), Tuomu Ruutu(ALadd)...and NOTHING for Tony Amonte...something is better than nothing...

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Man ive abstained from posting here coz obviously the trade is what it is.

Sad moment to see 88 in another jersey tonight, but I would be lying if im not excited to see him on a good competing team again. And of course Panarin.

Will always be a blackhawk at heart, but this is the situation Showtime is made for. Lets go Kaner.

Of course had to post literally one second after this. So f***ing wierd to see him in another color man...

Reactions: Idionym

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad