Confirmed Trade: [CHI/COL] Brandon Saad and Dennis Gilbert for Nikita Zadorov and Anton Lindholm

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I liked Zadorov game, sure he isn't a flashy point grabbing defensemen, but he is a physical guy and he is at the age where he should start to more solid production. With the salary cap issues for 5he next 2 to 3 years and a expansion draft next summer chicago has to protect its future prospects and manage its rebuild.

Chicago is in cap hell for 3 more years toews, keith , kaner all come off the books seabrook has 4 more years.

Chicago has nothing in its pipeline that as of right now looks promising from its forward group and its young defense prospects i think many hawks fans are doing some wishful thinking that these young kids will all be outstanding. Many of these kids are small in size none really stand out as true mobile shutdown defensemen.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I actually liked Dennis Gilbert. In fact, I think he was my favourite Blackhawk. He is gritty, he is feisty. Plays the game the way it's meant to be played. The only semblance of toughness the team had all last season was when he was dressed.
He was slower than Maatta. Not an NHL defenseman.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Probably don't get the same return on the Duchene trade if ROR is still in the fold which means no Makar, and probably no Kadri.

Trying to undo the butterfly effect on that time in the Avs history with Roy, ROR, Duchene, etc. would require some quantum computing.
What's the butterfly effect gonna be on this stupid trade? An injured Rantanen probably.
Sorry guys, this trade hurts more for me than any since Forsberg left.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
You think? I don't

ROR wanted more money and had cap issues with Barrie needing a new deal. He would have been moved much sooner. This also creates a domino affect, Mack was up for a new deal the following year and earn even more approx $2M extra. Pay into his demands and lose the Duchene windfall, Barrie/Kadri deals and Mack making $2M more. Sakic also learned to better manage the cap.

You rehash a missed opportunity and live in the past, but moving ROR forced a complete change and Sakic evolved. Team is younger, faster, talented and deeper afterwards. Cap is also better managed with a stockpiled farm from the trades afterwards.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
What's the butterfly effect gonna be on this stupid trade? An injured Rantanen probably.
Sorry guys, this trade hurts more for me than any since Forsberg left.
What an absurd overreaction. They traded away a #5D and got a far better player back. Hell, even Gilbert is better than Lindholm. The world isn't ending.

Reactions: Patagonia

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
What an absurd overreaction. They traded away a #5D and got a far better player back. Hell, even Gilbert is better than Lindholm. The world isn't ending.

Guy is still living in the past and ignoring the moves afterwards.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Great low risk move for the Avs, instantly makes them better.

I also don’t hate this for the Hawks, zads still has a lot of upside. I’m assuming the Hawks tried to get a good pick for Saad but it just wasn’t there.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Bud I'm saying my favorite player since Forsberg. Me personally not the team. (mod)

I can relate to the fandom part. I still hold grudges about the Drury trade.

In this case though, the value is at worst even when it comes to the team makeup. I'm a long time Zad-stan, and even I accepted his contributions to the Avs moving forward would be limited by the roster and how the coaching wanted him to play.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
Gotta say, the two principles are two of the least consistent players out there. But between them, the abs probably got the more reliable one.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
One thing to say is Saad loves hitting the post. Several years in this return he was rising so high up on number of shots of the post.

I dont think he's so inconsistent as others because his defensive effort and PKing were always still solid.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
We've been through the Saad love after the Panarin trade. Slowly getting real. For now it is an understandable good trade. Saad is not the offensive superstar some picture him to be. Zadorov has become an inconsistent hitter only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad