Confirmed Trade: [CHI/COL] Brandon Saad and Dennis Gilbert for Nikita Zadorov and Anton Lindholm

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Ugh I really don't like this.
Not a huge fan of Saad and Z staying in the division is not something I want to see...

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
This seems like a nice hockey trade. Assuming there’s no other parts. And you don’t look at the trade tree from the Chicago side. Panarin becomes Zadorov is oof on the Hawks side. O’Reilly side for the Avs can become meh at best (assuming they don’t win the Cup next year, then it’s a better trade tree for them)

Reactions: bert and BHD

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Chicago watched enough of Z trying to crush Kane every time they played, eh? Not a fan that he's staying in-division, but not at all sad to see him go.

Why would the Avs do this? Saad could be the most overrated player in the NHL and the Avs already have a weakness on D.

The Avs need a RHD. Zadorov isn't the solution here, and especially not with Cole and Graves around. Plus, Girard is locked in long term on the left side, and Byram is coming up on that side too. A reliable RHD for the next 1-2 seasons is the need.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
We’ve always been told he was overrated and no one wanted him. Now he’s underrated? :laugh:

Also don’t like him in the division though.
I've never said that, but a lot of Avs posters wanted to trade him while none of the others D are physical.

A poster just said he's garbage.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
We had a surplus of LHD and needed an upgrade on Donskoi on the second line... That does it I guess, but I don't know if that's going to be good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad