Checkers V: Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
oliwer kaski is such an interesting prospect. he posted the highest scoring season in liiga since brian rafalski and just always seems to get his shot on net. what is less interesting to me than the number of goals he has scored is the number of shots he has produced since joining charlotte. 62 in 20 games. that suggests the offense might be somewhat sustainable.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
oliwer kaski is such an interesting prospect. he posted the highest scoring season in liiga since brian rafalski and just always seems to get his shot on net. what is less interesting to me than the number of goals he has scored is the number of shots he has produced since joining charlotte. 62 in 20 games. that suggests the offense might be somewhat sustainable.

It's just so weird to me how a historically bad team like Detroit couldn't figure out how to use him on their big league squad. I'm pretty sure that the only reason why Stevie Y was willing to give up Kaski so easily (and as it turns out, MUCH too early), was because he was probably a gigantic flight risk during the middle of his struggle period. Thankfully, the Canes Borg jumped right in on it and took their shot.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
It's just so weird to me how a historically bad team like Detroit couldn't figure out how to use him on their big league squad. I'm pretty sure that the only reason why Stevie Y was willing to give up Kaski so easily (and as it turns out, MUCH too early), was because he was probably a gigantic flight risk during the middle of his struggle period. Thankfully, the Canes Borg jumped right in on it and took their shot.

it was primarily just a bad system fit in my opinion. there are few teams in the league that encourage the amount of aggression we do from our defense. detroit has generally been more conservative in their ask from the blueline and probably tried to coach the risk out of his style. it wasn't a natural fit and i think most of the reason he signed there was because of his familiarity with grand rapids/detroit from his time playing for western michigan. there's honestly not a better place he could have ended up from a stylistic standpoint than charlotte, because they're running a junior version of what we are up here but didn't have their dougie. then it walked in.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Checkers first game in awhile is going well tonight. They’re up 3-0 on Hartford at the moment. Just bought some tickets for my first Checkers game this year for next Saturday against Springfield. It’ll be my first trip to Bojos since game 1 of the Calder Cup series last June.

if it’s the 15th game against Springfield, I will be there too.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Checkers PP looks terrible tonight, 1 shot on 4 opportunities. Glad Priskie tied it (what a snipe) after we gave up #2 about 4 sec after the 1-1 tie. Also, Bishop got a 4 min double and game because the guy he tussled with basically sat on him and punched him a few times and stuffed his face in the ice while getting up, at which point Bish basically threw the ref off to go back after the guy (refs had to pull him down) ...he was ****ing LIVID

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I know that everyone except me is screaming for a Jake Bean callup, but Charlotte looks really strong right now and Bean's breakout is a huge reason why. It may be smart to just let him ride unless there's another injury here. Like Necas the season before, he'll probably be playing for us next season anyways, so might as well let him marinate and give him the entire offseason and early next season to be in the NHL permanently.

Reactions: Unsustainable
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad