Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy V signs 3 year $4.9m extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Dom had said a bit ago players can't be fined anymore because they don't get paid after a certain point. They would have warned him over the phone so he's definitely getting suspended one would surmise.

I watched it a few times and from different angles, you see him get the shoulder first and the head snaps back.

I also watched Joe's hit where he got a game and this is much worse.

I still think he gets a game.

I also loved the CBC showed them shaking hands after and chatting for a minute. It seemed to be very cordial.

Reactions: LouJersey

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I believe the point of the “hearing” is so that the player is allowed to plead their case. I doubt it will make a difference.

I would rather have McAvoy miss Game 1 than 5 and the game last night in a Game 6. Silver lining of him getting a game is that it will disprove the notion that the NHL is biased in favor of the Bruins.
Come on Joe. You know that nothing will dispel that notion with most fans who hold it. They believe it because it makes them feel better about their hate for the Bruins. Hell, a game will probably just "prove" it to them more, since they'll believe it should be more.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I watched it a few times and from different angles, you see him get the shoulder first and the head snaps back.

I also loved the CBC showed them shaking hands after and chatting for a minute. It seemed to be very cordial.
we`ll have to wait til the Jackets play the B`s next year how cordial it was:laugh:

Personally, I thought the two traded shots all 6 games, it`s clear that CM embraced his battles with Anderson and likely vice versa and IMO, Anderson was taking what I would call charges all series vs the B`s but half of them he missed his mark and took himself out of the plays

Reactions: SPV

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad

Hats off to anderson for getting the fact it was a play gone wrong but he obviously didn't agree with the call etc . I dont get how Anderson willing to be a good sport makes it less suspendable .

If you guys can show me anderson saying it was the right call it will mean a lot more to me . Ronaldo basically said that once and they still suspended lucic a game

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The saddest part are the pearl clutching “bruins fans” that think suspension is worthy

So objective opinion is now “pearl clutching”.

I’m not trying to impress anyone with my opinion. Just trying to give an opinion based on what I see, and not my own team loyalty. Sorry if that’s unacceptable to you.

If you’re just going to side with what benefits your team, what’s the point of having the discussion. We’d already know where everyone’s opinions lie.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Because the league put in the hitting to the head penalty that is the only reason it should even be a penalty, I say I can't get more disgusted with how wussified this league has become but they always manage to out do themselves. Soon players will be dressed in the sumo inflatable blow up suits but with full face shields.

Fighting is gone, hitting will be next then we will have what Damien Cox and some of the millennial media have wanted, soccer on ice.

Reactions: GloveSave1

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Hats off to anderson for getting the fact it was a play gone wrong but he obviously didn't agree with the call etc . I dont get how Anderson willing to be a good sport makes it less suspendable .

If you guys can show me anderson saying it was the right call it will mean a lot more to me . Ronaldo basically said that once and they still suspended lucic a game

Where did I say that???

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If it's not a suspension it'll be because they saw he didn't have any intent to hit him in the head and he has a completely clean record.

It is and should be a game.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
McAvoy to have hearing for actions in Bruins game

I would hope its One Game.

Joe Thornton received a game suspension for a head shot that was pretty obvious he was targeting the head and he is a repeat offender. McAvoy was taking the body and making a hockey play and to me it looked as if Anderson was lowering he's body and was starting to change his direction towards the middle of the ice,causing the hit to the chest and chin/head area. If you look at the video and watch Anderson feet you can see he was just starting to make a cut to the center of the ice.

Then you add in that Kukan did a deliberate hit to Backes head and nothing at all happens to him. a head shot is a head shot whether its done with the elbow or a shoulder.

Last edited:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

Jamestown

Dec 17, 2014
Keep your head up is what we were always told! He was trying hard to get by door# 1 but forgot about door #2.

A game seems right. Andersen has to take some accountability there.

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom had said a bit ago players can't be fined anymore because they don't get paid after a certain point. They would have warned him over the phone so he's definitely getting suspended one would surmise.
He will forfeit next year's salary.

What gets me is just how dumb the media calling for a major penalty are.

Take 48 does not allow for a major for a hit to the head. It I either a minor or match penalty.

A match is only given if the official seems it to be intentional. All 4 officials got together and determined it wasn't so it was an automatic minor. Its black and white.

Doesn't mean a suspension can't come down but the officials game report and their report on the incident comes into play.

Lack of Injury, although he had to go to quiet room, refs report, players talking and smiling after the game, I think this could go any way

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Backes got suspended for these hits:
Bruins’ David Backes Suspended Three Games For Hit On Frans Nielsen

Schenn did not get suspended for this hit while having a history:

Backes also got elbowed to the head, but that did not warrant any suspension or call. Elbowing a player to the head is okay but trying to make body contact while the shoulder clips the head is not? I can see McAvoy being suspended for a game. The league however, is still very inconsistent.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I think we all should be able to agree Charlie isn't doing anything stupid at that point in the game so zero intent.

Secondly Charlie has zero history and is out most important D/man so I think that is why a lot on here can't except the fact he will probably get a game . Past playoffs with guys in his mindset and talent says he will get suspended.

Last of all let's just be sk happy its 1 and not 7.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
If he gets an actual playoff game suspension the league is officially issued against the Bruins. In what Universe is this hit any worse than the Khukin hit.

Reactions: GloveSave1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad