Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Backes got suspended for these hits:
Bruins’ David Backes Suspended Three Games For Hit On Frans Nielsen

Schenn did not get suspended for this hit while having a history:

Backes also got elbowed to the head, but that did not warrant any suspension or call. Elbowing a player to the head is okay but trying to make body contact while the shoulder clips the head is not? I can see McAvoy being suspended for a game. The league however, is still very inconsistent.

I think the fact that the player is already engaged with another Bruin, and has no ability to really see him coming or defend himself, is what will get McaAvoy the game.

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I owe you an apology . So I am sorry I took that comment in the wrong direction . Others said it and I saw the reference again and shot my mouth off at the wrong guy .

No worries.

I do agree that it's unlikely them shaking hands will affect the decision by NHLDoPS.

A few other things I noticed.

The ref initially called a major and indicated Charlie was getting thrown out. After conferring they issued the minor.
I also saw the trainer come to him and he immediately nodded his head, my guess is he asked him if he was OK.

We shall see.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If he gets an actual playoff game suspension the league is officially issued against the Bruins. In what Universe is this hit any worse than the Khukin hit.

Bruins are the biggest revenue team/draw left in the playoffs as they were in round 2.

League doesn't want the Bruins anywhere but the finals.

To say otherwise is just wrong.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Hes gonna get a game, and probably deserves it. He comes in from a tough angle that Anderson really can’t see. Anderson is already tied up with a puck battle. There’s just no need to make contact that high or hard. I don’t think for a second that Charlie was looking to maim anyone though.

I’m ok with a game here. Would’ve liked to see the elbow to Backes get more of a look, but that doesn’t mean McAvoy doesn’t deserve something.

Doesn’t matter. Next man up.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Chest first contact and Anderson’s head goes down. They have to use logic here. Oh and he was completely fine
So what if he was fine. So was Debrusk. Take off your blinds. Primary contact was head as McAvoy lunched up. Look at his skates. Having your head down isn’t an excuse to drill his head. God I hate it when fans make excuses like they do on the main board. McAvoy will get a game for it, and Bruins will be fine.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Hes gonna get a game, and probably deserves it. He comes in from a tough angle that Anderson really can’t see. Anderson is already tied up with a puck battle. There’s just no need to make contact that high or hard. I don’t think for a second that Charlie was looking to maim anyone though.

I’m ok with a game here. Would’ve liked to see the elbow to Backes get more of a look, but that doesn’t mean McAvoy doesn’t deserve something.

Doesn’t matter. Next man up.

Well said.

Reactions: Bun Cook

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
So what if he was fine. So was Debrusk. Take off your blinds. Primary contact was head as McAvoy lunched up. Look at his skates. Having your head down isn’t an excuse to drill his head. God I hate it when fans make excuses like they do on the main board. McAvoy will get a game for it, and Bruins will be fine.
Debrusk was targeted, asshole

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
No worries.

I do agree that it's unlikely them shaking hands will affect the decision by NHLDoPS.

A few other things I noticed.

The ref initially called a major and indicated Charlie was getting thrown out. After conferring they issued the minor.
I also saw the trainer come to him and he immediately nodded his head, my guess is he asked him if he was OK.

We shall see.

I disagree on the ref part he simply pointed to the box in my eyes .
I know the announcer said that on CBC but I think he was wrong .

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I cant compare those two . Kadri was a horrendous crosscheck. Stupid x1000 and nothing to do with a hockey play. Add his history and it was obvious 3 +

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I think he's going to get a game. It was a head shot, with no intent in my opinion. Glad Anderson isn't hurt, but I was totally fine with him getting lit up; he had been running around all series, and was right back at it in the third period.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hats off to anderson for getting the fact it was a play gone wrong but he obviously didn't agree with the call etc . I dont get how Anderson willing to be a good sport makes it less suspendable .

If you guys can show me anderson saying it was the right call it will mean a lot more to me . Ronaldo basically said that once and they still suspended lucic a game
Foligino said it was probably the right call. Dom confirms it above. Should there be a higher minimum for checks to the head instead of a minor? You bet. Have there been much less that have received match penalties in the regular season? Absolutely. But in the context of this game, it was the right call.

Now, doesn't mean he isn't getting suspended. But you never know with DoPSS. Department of Player Safety Sometimes.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The easy call for the league is 1 game so I think they go with that (appease the rabid rival fans and the horrified Brian Boucher). The Bruins should counter with the Backes elbow. Each player were hit in the head, assessed two instead of five, and both players returned shortly after.

Reactions: smack66

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I will just point out that I'm fine with that hit, not because it was a Bruin making it but because I don't want the game further wussified. Keep your head up, hockey 101, I don't know when it became the hitter responsibility to protect the player he is hitting. You finish your check as hard and as clean as you can, no elbow or stick was used by McAvoy, good, clean hockey hit 10 years ago and should be one today.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Can you give me a reason why the hot that McAvoy laid on Anderson was any worse than the his Khukin placed on Backes?
Dude. Stop moving the goalpost

You said if he gets suspended the league is against the Bruins.

I have you 10 million reasons plus higher ratings and a bigger TV deal when this one expires as to why the league wants the Bruins in the finals.

Stop asking me to make your behind black and gold glasses argument for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad