Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy V signs 3 year $4.9m extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Example #4,500 why this league is a joke.

In the same series a clear and blatant elbow to Backes head...an action that had absolutely no other possible purpose or explanation goes unpunished yet......

In the process of delivering a check, where the head is neither the primary point of contact, nor the targeted area of the body, McAvoy makes contact with the head and gets a one game suspension!

Abjectly inconsistent and tragically stupid!

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Wish there was more consistency in this league.

With that said, I think they hit this one on the head.

Really hurts this team though

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Example #4,500 why this league is a joke.

In the same series a clear and blatant elbow to Backes head...an action that had absolutely no other possible purpose or explanation goes unpunished yet......

In the process of delivering a check, where the head is neither the primary point of contact, nor the targeted area of the body, McAvoy makes contact with the head and gets a one game suspension!

Abjectly inconsistent and tragically stupid!

Huge joke. Had no intent, its game 6 not preseason.

Reactions: sarge88

DK46

Jun 21, 2012
Hanwell, NB
Not sure why some are upset. It was going to be a suspension that much to me was obvious. I'm not saying I agree 100% but expected at least 1 game.

So It's one game. Take it, get ready and move on. I hope he comes back flying and ready to go.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Not sure why some are upset. It was going to be a suspension that much to me was obvious. I'm not saying I agree 100% but expected at least 1 game.

So It's one game. Take it, get ready and move on. I hope he comes back flying and ready to go.

It's an arbitrary suspension to satisfy the mobs rage. 2 min was right call in the ice. League got involved bc the media was calling for suspension

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

When you watch the hit on Backes (unpunished) and the hit by McAvoy side by side, what other expectation could you have?

Reactions: Alicat

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Let’s turn it around and look at it this way..

Based on this series you CAN:

Directly elbow an opponent in the face in a “non hockey” play.

But, you CANNOT:

In the process of delivering a body check, where the head is neither the intended point of contact or the primary point of contact, make contact with the head.

In essence....McAcvoy should have waited for the play to stop, skated up to Anderson and elbowed him directly in the face.

If he did that, he’d be playing in game 1.

Sad what this league has become.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Asking for a friend - Is it OK to be angry and disappointed that Kukan got nothing for an elbow to the chin of Backes, but be perfectly OK with this suspension, because Charlie DID hit Anderson in the head? Or will that get me in trouble in this thread?
Nope because I feel the same way and I’m fairly certain many others feel this way too

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
One game was expected anymore would of been too much for a first time offender and no fine just wouldn't have cut it, seeing the outrage that had transpired. My guess on the Bruins defense combos for game one would be:

Chara Carlo
Krug Clifton
Moore Grizz

If moore can't go:
Switch Grizz back to the left side add in Kampfer

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I guess if we're looking for consistency, we should be comparing the last couple of elbows to the face to see if they were suspended, rather than a check which resulted in the shoulder hitting the head. My guess is that the consistency still won't be there, but at least we'd be looking at similar incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad