Player Discussion Charlie Coyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
true, seems to raise his level of play vs Blues, wish he did that vs other teams

I don't think he has it in him anymore, else he would. He has always been a consistent, hard-working player who brought it every game. He still does, he just has a less to bring nowadays, and can do it less often. He still works his ass off out there. That has never been in question. I hope he is good today- I can't think of Bruin recently that I more regret signing but who I want so badly to turn it around and succeed. Honestly, did any of us every feel that great about Beleskey, Hayes, Rinaldo? It's different with Backes for some reason.

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
He seems to have much better offensive skill than his numbers indicate. Maybe they can get him with the sports psychologist Marchand used to help him become a ppg player. Although it's doubtful it will help much on the third line this year, but next year, if Bjork, and Senyshyn get called up, that could be a productive third line.

BruinsNetwork

Not saying that Coyle will rejuvenate Backes and turn back the clock, but we’re only one-year removed from seeing him play well on an established third-line. Last year it was Nash at 3C, now it’s gonna be Coyle, who’s a far superior player.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I don't think he has it in him anymore, else he would. He has always been a consistent, hard-working player who brought it every game. He still does, he just has a less to bring nowadays, and can do it less often. He still works his ass off out there. That has never been in question. I hope he is good today- I can't think of Bruin recently that I more regret signing but who I want so badly to turn it around and succeed. Honestly, did any of us every feel that great about Beleskey, Hayes, Rinaldo? It's different with Backes for some reason.

Because Backes is a consummate professional who "plays the game the right way" and has always given everything. Totally agree with you on all points.

Reactions: StrBender and BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Impressed with Coyle in his first game. Glad he's a B. Best the third line has looked all season. Bs truly need a third line that can provide offense and play responsible defense at the same time. Cannot win against the elite teams playing an offensive black hole as much as Bruce does with the fourth line, but I get why he has been doing it since he has had a third line he can't rely on. Coyle is a gamer and was going to the dirty areas all night long. Also scored in the SO, which was a nice bonus. Really nervous about what else DS will or won't do. He did a great job with the Coyle trade. This team can be a real contender with just one more key piece.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Not saying that Coyle will rejuvenate Backes and turn back the clock, but we’re only one-year removed from seeing him play well on an established third-line. Last year it was Nash at 3C, now it’s gonna be Coyle, who’s a far superior player.
I honestly thought Backes looked terrific today. I think "the talk" and the new center will give him a boost.

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
As far as backes all I can tell you is St. Louis fans are still pissed he is not a Blue. Pretty much every discussion I had in St. Louis was about Backes. I am certain they would love him back. I also agreed, like the blues fans, that he has had two surgeries (removing intestines) , a 16 stitches cut, two concussions and his nose almost torn off, and bruins fans tear him a new one and have never really given him a fair shake.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This new line may be one of the biggest in the NHL, I would be interested in seeing how it stacks up vs other lines. They’re gonna have a good time cycling the puck

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
As far as backes all I can tell you is St. Louis fans are still pissed he is not a Blue. Pretty much every discussion I had in St. Louis was about Backes. I am certain they would love him back. I also agreed, like the blues fans, that he has had two surgeries (removing intestines) , a 16 stitches cut, two concussions and his nose almost torn off, and bruins fans tear him a new one and have never really given him a fair shake.

Are you saying he's injured? If that's the case, why is he playing? If that's not what you're saying, why bring up the health issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad