Player Discussion Charlie Coyle - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I have to say I was very surprised to see him #2 in the shoot out lineup for us last night. I know he's been very close to scoring lately but he's not known for his hands. I'm not saying it wasn't worth a shot but I was very surprised to see him out there so soon.

Why are you saying he is not known for his hands?
Have you not seen enough of this guy to know he
there are just 5 players on the team with better hands?
He makes some great passes in tight quarters because
he has for 6:03, soft hands. He also makes these passes when good sized D men are leaning heavily on him.
It's why he is a possesion monster.

DeBrusk is the only player beside 37,88,63,46 and 47
that is in hailing distance of him and that is due to
DeBrusk's superior goalscoring ability compared to
Coyle.

I loved Boychuk also but if we kept him there
would be no Carlo and probably no Coyle.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Coyle has 11 points in his last 12 games and the Bruins are on an 8 game winning streak with him as the 2c through most of it.

Just had to throw the jinx on him, didn't you? :laugh:

He's at 1 point in his last 8 games and the Bruins are 1-4-3. Not really his fault (whole team has played like ****), but the timing is funny.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I would like to see Coyle on the first power play in the Heinen spot
Big body for screens and good hands and can move to retrieve pucks

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
he has for 6:03, soft hands. He also makes these passes when good sized D men are leaning heavily on him.

Coyle.

He’s a great passer no question but he struggles to score goals no question. Don’t get me wrong he’s my favorite present Bruin and I am very happy Sweeney re-signed him!

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
7 goals in 33 games for Donato. He's picking up after a slow start.

I kinda like him at #2 RW also. I really like DeBrusk but Krejci and Coyle, despite different styles, are amazing at keeping possession and it also becomes a mismatch at times.
Whichever one they can fill internally if someone really steps up or via trade - I trust him to take the other position and run with it.

Despite wanting to see lines set and let them grow chemistry - I'd kinda like to see a Marchand - Krejci - Coyle line for a few games to see how they gelled.

Reactions: Ritmo

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

Coyle.

I really like Coyle, as you can see from my previous posts, but if he had better hands he'd be prime Rick Nash. He still might turn into a poor man's version but the two draw-backs is that it takes him that extra moment to straighten himself and that his passes generally take too long to get off his stick. That's not bad per-se, but saying his 'hands' are great isn't really what I think of. He's more like Nathan Horton in my mind. Very good player whom could be even better if his hands were a just a hair quicker.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I really like Coyle, as you can see from my previous posts, but if he had better hands he'd be prime Rick Nash. He still might turn into a poor man's version but the two draw-backs is that it takes him that extra moment to straighten himself and that his passes generally take too long to get off his stick. That's not bad per-se, but saying his 'hands' are great isn't really what I think of. He's more like Nathan Horton in my mind. Very good player whom could be even better if his hands were a just a hair quicker.

Never said his hands were "great". I said he makes
"some" great passes or stick handles well especially in tight quarters with guys pressuring him. None of what
I said is inaccurate, 4 F are better and DeBrusk has
better finishing ability but not playmaking ability.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
He's doing about what I'd expected from him this year big, strong, almost impossible to knock off the puck. He bags 15-18 goals this year I'd call that a great year for this guy

Cannot overstate how good it is Sweeney resigned him. They're gonna need him down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad