Player Discussion Charles Hudon

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Hudon keeps scoring goals from that right circle on the PP in the AHL, it's so weird that this ability never translated to the NHL... Was he even tried in that spot with the Habs?

Reactions: JuicyHam

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor

Hudon keeps scoring goals from that right circle on the PP in the AHL, it's so weird that this ability never translated to the NHL... Was he even tried in that spot with the Habs?

For as long as I can remember his shot was talked about as his best asset but it never translated to the NHL level

Reactions: DAChampion

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
I don'T get it. Why call back Hudon when he is extremely helpful for the AHL playoff push ? Not like this season means anything anymore.. like wtf I don't get it, is making the playoff for Laval that important ?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I don'T get it. Why call back Hudon when he is extremely helpful for the AHL playoff push ? Not like this season means anything anymore.. like wtf I don't get it, is making the playoff for Laval that important ?

he’s probably there just for today but I agree that we should have keep a little more depth in case they are injuries for Laval

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

He has played well and IMO it serves way better to reward players who actually do really well in AHL with time in NHL vs what MTL historically does under MB.

Give him a game or two and send him down.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
He has played well and IMO it serves way better to reward players who actually do really well in AHL with time in NHL vs what MTL historically does under MB.

Give him a game or two and send him down.

We all know he's going to play 8 minutes max.

What's the point.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
We all know he's going to play 8 minutes max.

What's the point.

IMO it gives message to the players in AHL, you play well you get called up eventually. When they were calling up Poehling for no reason, it gave message your play doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: Archijerej

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Can this organisation, for once, put a player in a position to succeed, play Hudon on the right circle on the PP where he scored most of his goals this year FFS!!!!!!!

This.

1st unit. Receiving passes from Suzuki, who's in the RHS.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I was expecting Hudon to be traded Monday , at least to give him a chance to make a name for himself in another org . Anyway , good for him if he gets a chance with the Habs .

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement

Apparently it's too hard for the coaching staff to pencil a goal scorer with a good one-timer on that spot, it's much easier to have Weal and or Cousins on the PP even if they shoot muffins, they have good character and all those locker room intangibles that are so precious.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
And yet everyone bitches that he’s too slow for the nhl. I’ve been saying for a while that they need to try this guy in the right spot. Can’t be worse than Drouin who’s doing absolutely nothing.
If not for the call ups, he’d be leading the ahl in goals.

I'm going to reserve judgement on Drouin until next seadon when hopefully he's fully recovered. I hooe Hudon is here because they're shutting Drouin down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad