Player Discussion Charles Hudon

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
He has played well and IMO it serves way better to reward players who actually do really well in AHL with time in NHL vs what MTL historically does under MB.

Give him a game or two and send him down.
those 1-2 games are exactly what Laval needs to make the playoff and they just STARTED an amazing chemistry on their line... IMO it's a nice message to Hudon but it doesn't serve the greater good of the organisation.

Reactions: DAChampion

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Yeah....I for one am not ready to give up on him. I hope we use him on the PP. Don’t forget, Cousins took a while before he got with it...has 10 goals now. Play him with Evans for the rest of the season and let’s talk then.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Can this organisation, for once, put a player in a position to succeed, play Hudon on the right circle on the PP where he scored most of his goals this year FFS!!!!!!!

He's going to get as much Habs PP ice-time as coach's favourite Nick Cousins! What are you complaining about?:sarcasm::sarcasm:

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
His 50th chance , will he take advantage of it ?

giphy.gif

Reactions: habdynasty

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I'm going to reserve judgement on Drouin until next seadon when hopefully he's fully recovered. I hooe Hudon is here because they're shutting Drouin down.
Honestly I was a big Drouin supporter until he came back. Not only did he take incredibly long to come back, but did absolutely nothing once he did. Now it’s an ankle injury? Come on. Maybe I’m just crazy, but I’m really questioning this guys commitment now.
I feel really bad now for Laval because they could’ve been the ones to make the playoffs if not for all the call ups. Just sad.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Would be very nice to see him take advantage of this opportunity. I think most of everyone thought, and some still thinks, he's done as a hab, but this could change a few things for him. Rooting for the guy!

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Is skating his only real downfall at the NHL level? He seems to think the game well, bullet shot...Is it confidence? If it is skating can't this be improved in off season training? I will never understand what makes certain players dominate at the AHL level, then flop in the NHL, is it really just skating? Very frustrating in cases like Hudon, the talent is there and lord knows the Habs need someone who can finish.

Oh well we shall see, Potato Head better give him some ice time at least.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Honestly I was a big Drouin supporter until he came back. Not only did he take incredibly long to come back, but did absolutely nothing once he did. Now it’s an ankle injury? Come on. Maybe I’m just crazy, but I’m really questioning this guys commitment now.
I feel really bad now for Laval because they could’ve been the ones to make the playoffs if not for all the call ups. Just sad.

I think it's impossible to say whether a player is healthy or not.

Why was Byron so bad at the biggining of the year? Likely an injury.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Imagine Drouin trying as hard as Hudon.

Kid has no quit, been down so many times and yet he always find a way to come back with the club. He just needs a way to stay up this time.

Reactions: Fixxer

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
hopefully it's just the one game and he gets sent back down for Friday's game in Rochester (he wouldn't have to travel very far) or if he can make it back for Saturday's game vs Utica.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Talent alone doesn't cut it right Jonathan?

Hudon has more heart and determination than Drouin will ever possess.

Top 6 minutes better be the plan for Hudon

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Even though he didn't make the club, long term, this season, I noticed him being quicker. I know he changed his off ice routine and wanted to get faster.

He used to be heavier and it might have helped with physicality, but it didn't help for his quickness.

He simply missed his opportunity in training camp, but then he scored on similar scoring chances in the AHL. Let's hope he gets it done this time.

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Talent alone doesn't cut it right Jonathan?

Hudon has more heart and determination than Drouin will ever possess.

Top 6 minutes better be the plan for Hudon

I think the Domi and Danault line's will stay the same. We'll see if Claude wants Hudon or Lehkonen in Drouin's spot next to Suzuki...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad