Rumor: Charles Hudon ready for a change of scenery

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I guess I should go back to read old threads of him. That's because, I wonder how come he actually came up to the NHL level and was "praised" for a few years as he was getting into the league. Didn't anyone noticed his skating was bad. The system changed in Montreal, play up-tempo, but I remember people were surprised and happy that Emelin was picked up by Vegas instead of Hudon... and not just because of Emelin's contract.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
or a 16th forward

I'm serious. He's like... the guy you want as a backup forward for when you want to call-up players from Laval who are too green. And, better than him, we're talking about a legit regular (who might have expectations as such). Of course, the minute Hudon really grumbles is the minute, he's gone. Or should be gone.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I guess I should go back to read old threads of him. That's because, I wonder how come he actually came up to the NHL level and was "praised" for a few years as he was getting into the league. Didn't anyone noticed his skating was bad. The system changed in Montreal, play up-tempo, but I remember people were surprised and happy that Emelin was picked up by Vegas instead of Hudon... and not just because of Emelin's contract.

Actually, I expected either his acceleration or his balance to improve a bit.

Reactions: Fixxer

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I think we should try Hudon on D, if he is looking for a change of scenery that would certainly give him a different perspective.:nod:

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Too good to rot in the AHL, bigger money in European leagues or the KHL.

Well, Laval is becoming an interesting destination for Quebecers close to the NHL. Hudon can still hope to get called-up and continue in the NHL if he plays well.

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

well he was very good in the AHL and had produced each time he was called up. Since he was able to play well last year i'm hoping it's just a case of a sophomore slump mixed with him not having a regular spot this year vs being a regular last year. Perhaps his confidence got rattled after he saw the writing on the wall that he's being left behind if he doesn't get quicker.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Well, Laval is becoming an interesting for Quebecers close to the NHL. Hudon can still hope to get called-up and continue in the NHL if he plays well.
He can still make big money in Europe though. The problem with Hudon is the fact that there are so many tweeners available that can be AHL call ups, I doubt that he wants to be a utility type of player. If I was him it would be a no brainer to go to Europe.

Reactions: Runner77

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
good depth player for the moment, could improve further and earn a spot next year. time isn't the enemy here.

Reactions: cphabs

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Byron and Shaw could be back Saturday, so a decision will need to be made.
I think they will waive Agostino. He had a hot start, but has been invisible since then.
He's also a healthy scratch today, whereas Hudon is in the lineup.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
He can still make big money in Europe though. The problem with Hudon is the fact that there are so many tweeners available that can be AHL call ups, I doubt that he wants to be a utility type of player. If I was him it would be a no brainer to go to Europe.

You can give him minimum one-way which comparable to what a player like him would get in Europe. Anyway, you tell him it is up to him to make the team, but players like Poehling will jump him most likely. And he can get claim if he is actually NHL caliber.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
NHL hockey is a skating game, played on ice. At times Hudon looks as though he's towing a sled with Julien sitting on it. He isn't as good as one hemisphere of Byron's butt; If used as a penalty killer Hudon would make the Habs seem as though they're two men down.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You can give him minimum one-way which comparable to what a player like him would get in Europe. Anyway, you tell him it is up to him to make the team, but players like Poehling will jump him most likely. And he can get claim if he is actually NHL caliber.
Thats the thing, we have plenty of young guys on the way and frankly, this year is his shot even if he plays well enough to get himself traded to a team willing to give him a shot.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
really wish we traded him during the summer, right after his 30 pts season. MB should have seen this situation coming when he added more wingers.

He has no trade value and Seattle would ignore him. He skates better than I do snf he has a better shot but I'm 89 years old and afraid of falling, not to mention that my frame isn't built for contact sports and I'd use my hockey stick as a crutch.

Reactions: Walrus26 and MXD

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
It would be nice if some of these 3rd 4th line guys could score a goal once in a while.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I guess I should go back to read old threads of him. That's because, I wonder how come he actually came up to the NHL level and was "praised" for a few years as he was getting into the league. Didn't anyone noticed his skating was bad.

Yes, it was noticed. I said before he began his NHL career that he skating was a big issue and that it wouldn't allow him to be an NHL contributor.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I'm not a Hudon fan, but I'll give the kid credit, he's been busting his butt since getting back into the lineup. Unfortunately, he just doesn't do enough where it makes sense to keep him around in a role other than call up imo.

Reactions: Fixxer

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Agostino , Chaput , Peca , Hudon.

plenty of choice

Agostino and Chaput should be the ones being sent down. They were originally intended for Laval anyway and we dont lose any value if they are claimed (not like they would anyway). The organizational investments, age and offensive upside are reasons to keep Hudon rather than risk losing him and Peca I can't see being sent down.

Reactions: Harpo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad