Rumor: Charles Hudon ready for a change of scenery

Jul 6, 2016
I think Hudon has a very good game tonight. He did not get any points but created some plays and some space for Domi and he draw a penalty.
Peca is fast but I personnaly find Hudon more useful to the team than Peca who sometimes seems to just skate fast without thinking and then overskate the puck. Hudon got sweet hands and great IQ, I believe he could be useful if place with other skilled players like Domi as opposed to guy like Chaput/D'agostino & Deslauriers who are good enforcer but clearly lack vision and finishing skills.

Hudon should be tried on the 3rd line with Kotka and Armia. Lehkonen needs to spend some times on the 4th.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The more I see him, the more I'm convinced he's a 13th forward.

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
Hudon should be tried on the 3rd line with Kotka and Armia. Lehkonen needs to spend some times on the 4th.
Totally agree, Lehkonen is very sound defensively and is doing amazing job on the forecheck, but damn he can't shoot and it seems like he doesn't have the vision to find his teammate.. so he just run after the puck and push it back somewhere so hopefully a linemate can get it..

Jul 6, 2016
Totally agree, Lehkonen is very sound defensively and is doing amazing job on the forecheck, but damn he can't shoot and it seems like he doesn't have the vision to find his teammate.. so he just run after the puck and push it back somewhere so hopefully a linemate can get it..

With Byron and Shaw in the line up, we might see a 4th line of Hudon or DelO -Peca or Chaput -Agostino or Lehkonen

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
With Byron and Shaw in the line up, we might see a 4th line of Hudon or DelO -Peca or Chaput -Agostino or Lehkonen

I think Shaw goes to the 4th line before Lehkonen. Perhaps Julien will use the excuse of easing him back in as the reason.

But Hudon-Brassard-Lehkonen could make a good 4th line.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think Shaw goes to the 4th line before Lehkonen. Perhaps Julien will use the excuse of easing him back in as the reason.

But Hudon-Brassard-Lehkonen could make a good 4th line.

When a line has two 3rd liners and a fifth liner on it, it makes for a good fourth line.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
When a line has two 3rd liners and a fifth liner on it, it makes for a good fourth line.

Especially when the "5th line" guy can go around two players and draw a penalty, put up 30 points his rookie year, and can in general create offense.

...having said that, if Johansson and Brassard are passed over leading up to the deadline and are available at bargain bin prices, the following 4th line would be nice in its own right, as well as provide top 9 depth in case of injuries:

Johansson-Brassard-Shaw

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Hudon seem to have take a step backward...
Not really, hes just not looked at as a young rookie anymore. You'd see the same Hudon playing his first games in the NHL and that's pretty decent because you foresee improvements and if he is starting looking like that, then hell, could be good! But then we see theres been no progress, it's just not good enough to stay on full time.

Hudon sucks.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hudon played a good game last night. We need to play him in games where we face teams that are not considered fast. That's where he stands out. The kids got offensive skill but he lacks foot speed to create time and space.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He is headed for a career somewhere in Europe, he is not long for the NHL. He does not stand out enough to have a regular NHL job. There are probably 50-100 guys just like him either currently in the AHL or sitting in the pressboxes of all 31 NHL teams.

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Hudon is better than what he's shown this year. He's lacking confidence clearly. He's used to be top player in lesser leagues. Now he plays sparingly and when he gets more icetime the pressure is on to perform otherwise he sits. The NHL is ruthless to players with his profile. You just got to get it done when they call your name no ifs and buts. It's the way it is. If you don't...next!

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Disagree wholeheartedly with posters saying we should play Hudon over Lehkonen. Lehkonen although frustrating at times because of his lack of finish around the net, is immensely more useful than Hudon if only for his defensive play. He's also a player who rarely gives up on plays and shows up every game. I also expect him to come out strong come playoff time if we do make it there. He was the only player besides Radulov who actually showed up last time around. He's also on his way to have his best stats since entering the league. Hudon hasn't shown that he can keep up. There is a reason why Lehkonen is keeping his spot in the lineup. He's a good 3rd liner to have on the team.

Reactions: robicgi and Tourist

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Disagree wholeheartedly with posters saying we should play Hudon over Lehkonen. Lehkonen although frustrating at times because of his lack of finish around the net, is immensely more useful than Hudon if only for his defensive play. He's also a player who rarely gives up on plays and shows up every game. I also expect him to come out strong come playoff time if we do make it there. He was the only player besides Radulov who actually showed up last time around. He's also on his way to have his best stats since entering the league. Hudon hasn't shown that he can keep up. There is a reason why Lehkonen is keeping his spot in the lineup. He's a good 3rd liner to have on the team.

When both Hudon and Lehkonen are healthy and confident I think Hudon is a superior scorer...but Lehkonen is better at everything else, especially at playing without the puck. Lehkonen is an intelligent and relentless (fore)checker, which is a very useful trait that coaches love.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
You could see last night that he has got some moves, he is skilled but in this day and age, to score goals you either have to be extremely skilled like KK(in some way Drouin) or have a mix of skills and feistiness to your game like Gally/Tatar/Domi/Danault. Most of the goals are dirty nowadays and Hudon cannot do that. To boot he cannot grind it out on the fourth line either. They'll DDed him soon enough. Him and Peca should not be in the NHL.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

I think posters saying that are not saying to sit Lekhonen over Hudon, they are saying that Lek could be tried on the 4th line and Hudon on the 3rd.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I think posters saying that are not saying to sit Lekhonen over Hudon, they are saying that Lek could be tried on the 4th line and Hudon on the 3rd.
True, although I still prefer Lehkonen on the 3rd line over Hudon. Lehkonen is hard on the forecheck and helps recover loose pucks, Armia does it as well. These 2 guys playing in deep and along the boards prevents Kotkaniemi to have to do it too much and reduces his exposure from the most physical part of the game. Not that he shies from it, but I do believe it helps him keeping his energy level and avoids him a couple of bruises. if you switch Lehkonen to the 4th line and Hudon on the 3rd, I can see that line less effective down low in the offensive zone and struggling more to get out of the defensive zone, although it might be a bit better for puck control. All in all, I personally don't think it's a very good idea as I see Lehkonen as the far superior player for that role. Hudon has better hands and is a better skater. Lehkonen is better at all the rest.

Reactions: Paddyjack

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
would keep Lek with Kotka, my hope for Hudon is that he uses this season as a wake up and hires a skating coach ala McCarron who showed good improvement in his speed/skating this year. I'm hoping that this year was more a write off for Hudon, a step back but he may need to play on a bottom team next year since there likely won't be room for him in the top 9 on a playoff team.

Jul 6, 2016
would keep Lek with Kotka, my hope for Hudon is that he uses this season as a wake up and hires a skating coach ala McCarron who showed good improvement in his speed/skating this year. I'm hoping that this year was more a write off for Hudon, a step back but he may need to play on a bottom team next year since there likely won't be room for him in the top 9 on a playoff team.

For a small guy like him, skating should not be an issue. But it is.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->