Rumor: Charles Hudon ready for a change of scenery

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
We need a 4th line center better than Chaput and Peca, Brian Boyle ?

Deslauriers-Boyle-Shaw
Boyle would be a good addition but I'm not a big fan of this seasons Deslauriers. I think he's mostly useless, just big and nothing else. If he was playing like last season then that would be another story.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think Deslauriers is safe and Chaput is the likeliest to not be with the org at the TDL.

I agree that Deslauriers is the least likely to be moved. Also on account of an element of brawn and physicality that he possesses, which is valuable in the post season and late season games.

Chaput is only hanging on, I would think, on account of being a center.

Reactions: Fixxer and MXD

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
We need a 4th line center better than Chaput and Peca, Brian Boyle ?

Deslauriers-Boyle-Shaw

The problem with Brian Boyle is that he's very sought for (solid bottom six player, a great locker room guy and a warrior so who am I to judge) so I wouldn't take part in that bidding contest, considering our needs in order to contend for cup go well beyond a 4th line centre.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The problem with Brian Boyle is that he's very sought for (solid bottom six player, a great locker room guy and a warrior so who am I to judge) so I wouldn't take part in that bidding contest, considering our needs in order to contend for cup go well beyond a 4th line centre.

I think a Boyle-type is someone you can easily find and who can be had especially from teams that are rebuilding.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Watching him on the PP was brutal. This guy has somehow found a way to stick around. It’s time to move on. He’s not an NHL player.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

He could be re-signed for few years,

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I think a Boyle-type is someone you can easily find and who can be had especially from teams that are rebuilding.

The main boards are speculating it'll take a 2nd+ to get Boyle for the playoff push.

He could be re-signed for few years,

I would be happy to try and get him in July. But spending valuable assets? Not smart asset management for a team that isn't looking to win the cup this year.

Reactions: Runner77

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He's been really disappointing to watch this year and his lack of speed is even more evident. He's had quite a few chances to solidify his role in the top 9 and hasn't done anything to show he deserves a spot higher in the roster.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

From the article:

“Charlie wants to play in the National Hockey League, whether it’s Montreal or somewhere else,” said player agent Allain Roy, who reps Hudon. “He’s a good player, and we’re still waiting for answer whether it’s from Montreal or anywhere else.”

It remains to be seen what the market might look like for a player like him. Two professional scouts who have had multiple viewings of Hudon expressed diverging views to The Athletic. The first indicated he would “probably” recommend his team take a flyer. The second was somewhat less enthusiastic about Hudon’s ability to be a regular NHLer.

The cursor is pointing to AHL status.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's been really disappointing to watch this year and his lack of speed is even more evident. He's had quite a few chances to solidify his role in the top 9 and hasn't done anything to show he deserves a spot higher in the roster.

100% agree. He has gotten his chance. Hudon needs to realize that this is 18/19 with a better top 9 vs the top 9 we had last season. He needs to produce or he sits. Cold hard reality. I like Hudon cause he has decent vision, play making, and a NHL shot but he is not able to create time and space for himself cause his skating is average at best.

He needs to produce when he gets his opportunity. For now, he is a decent depth player in case of injuries.

Reactions: Fixxer

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Pretty much where I expect him to end, too.

And he's still young, of course it must be annoying not playing for a while.

But we lost DLR (more useful on the bottom lines) and Scherbak (more offensive potential, even if he doesn't do anything with it) on waivers already because they had 'no value', or something like that, which I don't believe one bit, asking price was too high methinks, time frame too short, bad asset management, but I digress.

Wonder if he'd get picked on waivers, though, not sure anymore...

He's a snail.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Hudon
noun

1. NHL player on a playoff-bound team who serves as a placeholder for a trade deadline acquisition.
synonym: Carr, Blunden
2. depth player with a secure roster spot on a non-playoff team
synonym: De La Rose, Andrighetto

Reactions: KKWG11

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I hadn't watched any Hab games for some time, watched this weekend and thought he looked even slower then I remember. My only hope for him is that this year is a write off and next year he can get back on track with a non playoff bound team as I've always liked his offensive skills and IQ but this year with not having a spot on the team and moved around seems to have thrown him off his game as last year he looked so much better.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I would rather them use Peca to replace Byron's speed.

Down the line, I hope they can use Yvonne's speed to replace Byron instead of a limited player like Peca. Habs should be much deeper in four years.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
As much as I like Hudon's skillset, he is too slow to have time for much and is too small to make some of that limited time he finds for himself. Maybe it can work out a bit with the 2 speedsters tonight (Domi - Peca).... ?? (Practice line).

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
I think Hudon has a very good game tonight. He did not get any points but created some plays and some space for Domi and he draw a penalty.
Peca is fast but I personnaly find Hudon more useful to the team than Peca who sometimes seems to just skate fast without thinking and then overskate the puck. Hudon got sweet hands and great IQ, I believe he could be useful if place with other skilled players like Domi as opposed to guy like Chaput/D'agostino & Deslauriers who are good enforcer but clearly lack vision and finishing skills.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad