Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I kind of get what jfm's saying. It's a pretty big reach though. Since he's thanking god for his goals then he must think they're ACTUALLY because of god instead of thinking their a product of his own hard work.

I don't exactly agree. I mean to what extent is Hudon a Calvinist? lol.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I kind of get what jfm's saying. It's a pretty big reach though. Since he's thanking god for his goals then he must think they're ACTUALLY because of god instead of thinking their a product of his own hard work.

I know what jfm is talking about. That it actually has any bearing on his on-ice production is what is ridiculous. So instead of 6 goals, he'd have 15 because he wouldn't be doing the cross and pointing to the sky after every goal.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He is already on a 34 points pace. With a good finish he could already get 40 points this season. This foot speed thing is a bit of a myth. He is not the fastest, he is not Byron, but it is not a problem. Proof of that he got a good number of scoring opportunities this year but his conversion rate was low. He needs more confidence and stop believing goals come as a gift of god or help from a dead friend. Nothing against faith and remembrance, but he needs to be more down to earth about what happens on the ice. He will get results or not by what he does on the ice, not from some outer force.

Have you seen us try to score as a team? Goals for us are a gift from God, we do not have the talent to think otherwise.:laugh: This post is a top 10 of all time.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't think he is a center at all. Let's try to focus on making him a good NHL winger...

Unfortunately, on the Habs, being a good NHL winger is equal to being a center. It's like they tell these guys once they come here that they can play wing, but down the middle of the ice.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It's his first season. I think he can become a solid 3rd line winger producing 15 goals and 30 something points on average. A guy who will do good in season and playoffs.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
I know what jfm is talking about. That it actually has any bearing on his on-ice production is what is ridiculous. So instead of 6 goals, he'd have 15 because he wouldn't be doing the cross and pointing to the sky after every goal.

Hm...perhaps, he should celebrate his goals with a tip of the fedora?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
He does the cross thing as a tribute to his friend who was run down by a drunk driver. It's not that he thinks God is scoring goals for him...

Yes, he points to Heaven because that's where his friend is.

On another note, he is almost 24 but only had 6 games up before this year. Quite surprising in my view. So he is just getting acclimated to the NHL this year.

Not saying he is a top 6 player, but nothing to say he is stuck as a bottom 6 guy either. Just see how it goes. I like him, good hands with an accurate shot. Seems like he plays intelligently also.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Don’t be surprised if Hudon does in fact become a more complete and more productive player than Drouin.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Can he be our future number 2 center?
I think more center number 3, replacement for Pleky when he leaves, no improvisation with the kid, no rush, slowly but surely (Shirley) convert Charly to become a solid 2 way center doing the job of Pleky and maybe more grit on doing the job than soft Pleky.

Or a good second winger, he's in a midlle of the two, center-winger, we don't know, like 3 other players. Actually he is a fair good winger winning battles in the corners and creating some turnovers, he's got a nice energy.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I don't think he is a center at all. Let's try to focus on making him a good NHL winger...
I see the potential he becomes a center with few adjustments. He's got some basics in his play of a good 2 way center, I think learning 6 months he will catch all the little things to become a center. You know how much little things means to all the coaches we had since last 15 years? We intimately knows that, lol.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Don’t be surprised if Hudon does in fact become a more complete and more productive player than Drouin.
Hudon might become better than Drouin but that means Drouin would be a bust. I don't expect that, Drouin is superior in pure skills but I have to admit Hudon have a wicked shot sometimes and is an harder worker, some kind of Gallagher #2.
My logics says if Drouin is not lazy, he would have more pts than Hudon.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
He does that for a friend who died. They mentioned it during s game earlier this year.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Hudon is another player, that is along with Galchenyuk, that I'd like to see get a shot at center. He's played there before.

Acquiring two top six centers will be very difficult. If, and it's a big if, but if Hudon and Galchenyuk could play there until the end of the year and learn the 200 foot aspects of the position, that would be huge moving forward.

It's worth a shot imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->