GDT: Chapter #4 | St. Louis Blues @ Chicago Blackhawks | "Yeah.. It is another book one, deal with it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
It's still early, but I'm starting to lean towards a coaching change. I know our pp has been better, but there's no noticeable change to its structure. I'd say the success is simply because our talent improved. The d has obviously taken a big step back.

Reactions: Bendak

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
The shots were 7-6 and they were getting chances and looking good. You could tell Allen was extremely shaky early with the point shot that almost squeaked through and the play that led to the penalty. So what does Chicago do? Shoot for a rebound on the first chance they get on the PP and it's a goal. They know how awful Allen is so they're shooting from every where. That's why the shot total is so high. On that second goal, the puck was behind Allen so the Blues players had to dive in and clear the puck from behind him, if they didn't it was an easy tap in goal. The puck squirts out to Kane and you can see Allen look at Kane as he skates to the center of the ice, so what does Jake do? He turns his back to Kane and looks at the back of the net.

You guys want to act like this is all the defense and it's ridiculous. Goaltending like this kills a teams spirit. You could tell early on that he was going to be terrible he has been. Keep blaming defense all you want, but I bet if we saw another goalie it would be a different story.
Holy narrative spinning batman

Parayko slid that puck right to Kane...it didnt squirt out

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
The shots were 7-6 and they were getting chances and looking good. You could tell Allen was extremely shaky early with the point shot that almost squeaked through and the play that led to the penalty. So what does Chicago do? Shoot for a rebound on the first chance they get on the PP and it's a goal. They know how awful Allen is so they're shooting from every where. That's why the shot total is so high. On that second goal, the puck was behind Allen so the Blues players had to dive in and clear the puck from behind him, if they didn't it was an easy tap in goal. The puck squirts out to Kane and you can see Allen look at Kane as he skates to the center of the ice, so what does Jake do? He turns his back to Kane and looks at the back of the net.

You guys want to act like this is all the defense and it's ridiculous. Goaltending like this kills a teams spirit. You could tell early on that he was going to be terrible he has been. Keep blaming defense all you want, but I bet if we saw another goalie it would be a different story.

I'm certainly not saying Jake isn't at fault. His rebound control is shitty. But we are also playing really shitty defense too.

Bad Defense + Bad Goaltending = Really Bad Team.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I will bet you a Berglund jersey

200w.webp

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
We saw less than two years ago, with Hitch that this almost exact defensive core minu Dunn, who isn't even f***ing playing, can be rock solid.

So what's changed?

It has to be a coaching issue. Whatever they're trying, isn't working. Go back to basics, cover your zone, watch your back, play the body.

Bush league.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016

I have a hard time completely blaming the goalie when both goals are on a pp. It could easily be 4 or 5 to zip right now if not for some good saves.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Thomas isn’t going to get a ton of ice time in any game but he really needs to play more aggressive. It seems like most shifts he’s playing too safe. The few shifts he’s played with confidence and aggressiveness he stands out. It might be easier for him to build confidence with more ice time but he’s not going to get that luxury. He’s going to have to realize that and be more consistent every shift he does get.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Holy narrative spinning batman

Parayko slid that puck right to Kane...it didnt squirt out

Have you ever played in front of a bad goalie? You can't play your own game because you're too focused on being worried about the next shot going in. You're playing on eggshells and you play a lot worse.

Also what else was he supposed to do with it? He was trying to get it out of the crease, you want him to pick it up and throw it? He can't jump on it, he can't put his hand on it, so all he can do is push it out of the crease.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Thomas isn’t going to get a ton of ice time in any game but he really needs to play more aggressive. It seems like most shifts he’s playing too safe. The few shifts he’s played with confidence and aggressiveness he stands out. It might be easier for him to build confidence with more ice time but he’s not going to get that luxury. He’s going to have to realize that and be more consistent every shift he does get.
What do you expect? With Yeo panicking and punishing players 2 games into the season, he cant play with alot of swagger, he will make mistakes, it will happen. He doesnt want to sit or go into negative ice time.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I have a hard time completely blaming the goalie when both goals are on a pp. It could easily be 4 or 5 to zip right now if not for some good saves.

I said before a single goal was scored that Jake looked extremely awful. If I can see it, so can the Blues and so can the Hawks. What proceeded to happen after I posted that? Shots were 16-4 for Chicago because they just peppered the goalie. When a team senses a shaky goalie they're going to attack with everything they have.

TotinoDigiorno

Jan 19, 2018
Yep...Except I've had my own goalie take a swing as well. ;)

I've only played floor hockey for Affton. Always wanted to do ice or roller hockey but there were to many kids for my parents to be willing to bite the bullet so everyone could play.

LONG LIVE THE (basement dwellers) GATORS OF THE AHL

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Have you ever played in front of a bad goalie? You can't play your own game because you're too focused on being worried about the next shot going in. You're playing on eggshells and you play a lot worse.

Also what else was he supposed to do with it? He was trying to get it out of the crease, you want him to pick it up and throw it? He can't jump on it, he can't put his hand on it, so all he can do is push it out of the crease.
Push it behind the net. Dont play the eggshell game. Paryako was laccidasical on Anisimov, that's why he scored. A shot off pad is designed to do exactly what it did. Do you remember when Toews checked Kyrou and kept him from a tap in? He was doing his job, Parayko wasn't.

Look at the save on what could have been a 3rd goal, Pietrangelo's weak clearing attempt lead directly to a shot on goal, Allen made the save and while Pietrangelo was spinning around not checking the Hawk, Allen makes a save he shouldn't have. He's doing is job tonight

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I said before a single goal was scored that Jake looked extremely awful. If I can see it, so can the Blues and so can the Hawks. What proceeded to happen after I posted that? Shots were 16-4 for Chicago because they just peppered the goalie. When a team senses a shaky goalie they're going to attack with everything they have.
You're still ignoring the fact that they were pp goals. There's plenty of blame to go around, but spending half the period on the pk is not a recipe for success no matter who your goalie is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad