GDT: Chapter #4 | St. Louis Blues @ Chicago Blackhawks | "Yeah.. It is another book one, deal with it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
If I can see it on my end, do you think it's my problem?

I never see yours either just say

Reactions: Bendak

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
What do you expect? With Yeo panicking and punishing players 2 games into the season, he cant play with alot of swagger, he will make mistakes, it will happen. He doesnt want to sit or go into negative ice time.

It’s not swagger.

It’s pretty easily noticeable how much different Kyrou’s shifts are vs Thomas. Thomas isn’t making bad plays. He’s simply not playing the way he can. Every single player makes mistakes. The difference is if Thomas plays the way he can and starts producing more points the inevitable mistakes are overshadowed. That’s how it works.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I mean you can blame the defense all you want, but the defense has been good for the past few years and Allen was still shit. Sure, maybe the defense isn't playing the best but it's just exposing Allen even more.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It’s not swagger.

It’s pretty easily noticeable how much different Kyrou’s shifts are vs Thomas. Thomas isn’t making bad plays. He’s simply not playing the way he can. Every single player makes mistakes. The difference is if Thomas plays the way he can and starts producing more points the inevitable mistakes are overshadowed. That’s how it works.
He's made some mistakes, but look at where Kyrou goes is he gets sent down vs Thomas. I think the kid is just nervous. I'm hoping it mirrors his trade last year where it took some time to get going but once he does, itll be lights out

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Push it behind the net. Dont play the eggshell game. Paryako was laccidasical on Anisimov, that's why he scored. A shot off pad is designed to do exactly what it did. Do you remember when Toews checked Kyrou and kept him from a tap in? He was doing his job, Parayko wasn't.
No way to push it behind the net without covering the puck in the crease since the puck was directly in front of the net.

The corner would have been nice, but usually when something like that is happening while you're scrambling, the primary thought is just to get it out of there ASAP, not to look around for where the best place is to put it.

There was ultimately plenty of time for the goalie to recover before the shot was taken. He wasn't able to for whatever reason, but the opportunity was there.

Reactions: Tryblot and Bendak

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Edmundson has to shoot that faster instead of admiring the puck on his stick like it’s a block of gold

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Have you ever played in front of a bad goalie? You can't play your own game because you're too focused on being worried about the next shot going in. You're playing on eggshells and you play a lot worse.

Also what else was he supposed to do with it? He was trying to get it out of the crease, you want him to pick it up and throw it? He can't jump on it, he can't put his hand on it, so all he can do is push it out of the crease.

I've seen Allen play worse but I would agree that his rebound control is erratic tonight and that the early shot that almost squeeked through from the point wasn't a good sign. I can't decide what to think on that flopping fiesta in our own crease. Crap all around.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
No way to push it behind the net without covering the puck in the crease since the puck was directly in front of the net.

The corner would have been nice, but usually when something like that is happening while you're scrambling, the primary thought is just to get it out of there ASAP, not to look around for where the best place is to put it.

There was ultimately plenty of time for the goalie to recover before the shot was taken. He wasn't able to for whatever reason, but the opportunity was there.
Fair enough, but Parayko was being absolved of blame completely. As you said, it was a scramble so whatever.

I cant blame Allen for bein down 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad