Patriots/NFL Championship Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Always a fun time when Incarcerated Bob outs a NY Daily News reporter for being behind the Adam Gase "burner" twitter account. It's even better that it turns out to be that asshat and Jet's beat writer Manish Mehta...

Seems to me that Mehta should be updating his resume starting now...

Reactions: CDJ

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I've been a bit surprised there hasn't been more made locally about the Buffalo Bills coming to Houston for a playoff game. I've experienced many gut-wrenching losses as a sports fan (including Bruins 2013, 2019), but that Oilers playoff collapse in Buffalo is still the worst.

Though the Falcons folded on a bigger stage against the Patriots (here in Houston no less), Oilers/Bills is still the biggest comeback point wise.

The franchise got revenge with the Music City Miracle, with many players on the Titans who were part of the debacle in Buffalo. But it was still hollow for Houston fans.

I watched that game (Houston vs Buffalo). My eyes could not believe what they were seeing lol. Frank Reich comes off the bench to replace an injured Jim Kelly and has the game of his life.

Reactions: Aeroforce

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Always a fun time when Incarcerated Bob outs a NY Daily News reporter for being behind the Adam Gase "burner" twitter account. It's even better that it turns out to be that asshat and Jet's beat writer Manish Mehta...

Why do some people think they are smarter than they actually are???? :dunno:

Reactions: LSCII

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
With the McDaniels thing, he can frustrate the hell out of me, but there really aren't any good replacements. There's also the fact that him leaving would just give Brady another reason not to stay.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts

god I love stories like this

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

So what was the deal with the burner account? Was it just wildly pro-gase?

This is too funny. Classic manish

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So what was the deal with the burner account? Was it just wildly pro-gase?

This is too funny. Classic manish

It was all in support of Gase and championing everything he said. All so he could then ask him questions about it and accuse Gase of being behind it, which he did. It was starting to get some interest right up until Mehta screwed up and published his notes column from the burner account...lol

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It was all in support of Gase and championing everything he said. All so he could then ask him questions about it and accuse Gase of being behind it, which he did. It was starting to get some interest right up until Mehta screwed up and published his notes column from the burner account...lol

there will never be another beauty like manish, bless his dumb heart

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
With the McDaniels thing, he can frustrate the hell out of me, but there really aren't any good replacements. There's also the fact that him leaving would just give Brady another reason not to stay.
Chad O'Shea. He was here for ten years as WR coach, knows the system, worked with Brady, Edelman, Dorsett, etc. I heard he coordinated the red zone offense his last year here.

Easy, easy fit. and it's not like the offensive coordinator needs to do much here other than draw up sequences of plays. Brady can pretty much run the offense on his own.

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
i

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...belichick-resignation-jets-coach-20-years-ago

Reactions: McGarnagle

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
McD knows he's about to get exposed in NE if Brady retires or moves on. Time to cash in while his stock is still somewhat high.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
McD knows he's about to get exposed in NE if Brady retires or moves on. Time to cash in while his stock is still somewhat high.

He's been a good example of patience and maximizing his market value. He knows the gravy train is ending here, and if Denver and St. Louis were any indication, he ran a terrible organization as a head coach. It's possible that he learned from those experiences and more time with Bill over the last 8 years, but honestly if I'm running an NFL franchise with all that money at stake, I would not give Josh McDaniels the benefit of the doubt at all.

But someone will give him good money. Of the three, I think the Giants would be his best outcome, Cleveland neutral, and Carolina would be a disaster in the waiting with Cam Newton

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Realistic NFL Trades That Could Happen This Offseason

um

Josh Rosen to New England Patriots for 3rd-Round Pick, Deatrich Wise Jr.

1. How the New England Patriots approach the 2020 draft may hinge on how competitive Bill Belichick believes the team can be next season. If he views New England as a title contender, the Patriots probably won't use their first-round pick on a quarterback. However, they may do so with a mid-draft selection, as has been common during the Belichick era.
    Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores, who came from New England last offseason, knows the drill and could offer up backup quarterback Josh Rosen for one of those mid-draft picks. Miami traded a second- and fifth-round pick for Rosen during April's draft but only gave him a limited opportunity to push for the starting role in 2019.
    Armed with three first-round selections, the Dolphins are in prime position to choose a new quarterback to play understudy behind Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    According to Darren Hartwell of NBC Sports Boston, the Patriots are likely to end up with two third-round compensatory picks. Giving up one—along with a role player nearing the end of his contract—for the 2018 No. 10 pick would be a solid deal for New England, which could then develop Rosen alongside Jarrett Stidham.
    A third-round pick is less than the Dolphins surrendered for Rosen, but it would be good compensation for a player they may no longer want. Rotational defensive end Deatrich Wise Jr., who is entering the final year of his rookie deal, is one of Flores' former players and could help bolster the Miami defense.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Yeah I have a real bad feeling about this one.

They’ve gotten carved up on the ground the second half of the season. Not a good recipe for success when your offense struggles to keep drives going.

Can’t be losing the time of possession battle and leaving your defense out there possession after possession expecting them to bail you out.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Yeah I have a real bad feeling about this one.

They’ve gotten carved up on the ground the second half of the season. Not a good recipe for success when your offense struggles to keep drives going.

Can’t be losing the time of possession battle and leaving your defense out there possession after possession expecting them to bail you out.

Hoping they flip with switch with it all on the line now. Need the D to be what they can be and the offense to wake up. Gonna enjoy this playoff run and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad