Patriots/NFL Championship Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
New thread heading into the final week of the regular season.

Hard to recall a time when the league has been so wide open.

Assuming the Pats take care of business against Miami, I give them a fighter’s chance in any game they have in the playoffs.

I won’t say I’m confident in the Patriots, but I’m also not very confident in anyone else either. And you have to give Belichick a decent chance going up against Mahomes/Jackson the 2nd time.

Also, Lou, wtf Vikings??

Will they EVER win a big game?

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Feels like this isn't their year... but I thought that last year.

The offense looked much better last week, which is encouraging.

I think they'll get by one of KC or Baltimore, but not both. KC being the 3 seed really makes it tough.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Offense looked exactly like it looked in last years playoffs, that was very encouraging

Should only get better as i think harry will continue to improve and Sanu will end up being more than useless with more time

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Annoying that KC didn’t drop one more game and end up as the 4.

Playing BAL and KC isn’t ideal. I had a sneaking suspicion that Baltimore is going to lose before us though, but now I’m not as sure. I don’t see any of Houston or Buffalo actually beating them.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
New thread heading into the final week of the regular season.

Hard to recall a time when the league has been so wide open.

Assuming the Pats take care of business against Miami, I give them a fighter’s chance in any game they have in the playoffs.

I won’t say I’m confident in the Patriots, but I’m also not very confident in anyone else either. And you have to give Belichick a decent chance going up against Mahomes/Jackson the 2nd time.

Also, Lou, wtf Vikings??

Will they EVER win a big game?

Like @GabeTravels said, I didn't think they would win last year. I think you have to wonder when you seemingly go to the Super Bowl every year, if it becomes harder to care about the regular season, even if the coaches are constantly pushing the "it's a new year"narrative. They may not win it all this year, but even if they don't, they'll be a difficult out.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Like @GabeTravels said, I didn't think they would win last year. I think you have to wonder when you seemingly go to the Super Bowl every year, if it becomes harder to care about the regular season, even if the coaches are constantly pushing the "it's a new year"narrative. They may not win it all this year, but even if they don't, they'll be a difficult out.

People also discount this but since the Seahawks super bowl a lot of these guys have played what 10+ extra games? Factoring in the intensity of the playoffs and that’s basically another seasons worth of damage on their body if they make it back there again

It’s why the Sox started off so poorly this year imo- their top arms had to go hard in the paint for high stress playoff innings and then they began this year with a nasty case of the shits. It’s why it’s hard to repeat in hockey, you play 2 months longer than most teams and it’s an INTENSE 2 months. Then you all start the next season at the same time

Wear and tear adds up in most sports. Especially playoff wear and tear, where it’s 110% every play. That’s why this patriot run is incredible to me. Brady is an old man but on top of that he’s basically played an extra season or two. To be able to sustain this year in and year out is truly amazing and we won’t see it again in the NFL

They’re likely to go 13-3 in a year where I’ve seen people completely quitting on them and shitting on them in GDT’s. That’s wild that they’ve been this successful and REMAIN so successful. We’ve completely lost perspective :laugh:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Offense looked exactly like it looked in last years playoffs, that was very encouraging

Should only get better as i think harry will continue to improve and Sanu will end up being more than useless with more time

No Gronk means they don't look exactly like last year.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I could see whichever ****ty team gets the 6 seed going into KC and winning on an Andy Reid blunder.

Titans already beat KC and they for some reason can never beat PIT so you never know

One of the funny things to me is if all of the teams with a higher Win % win this weekend, then the Raiders will get it. It only takes the Ravens, Texans, and Colts winning (plus of course the Raiders themselves). It isn't all that far fetched.

The reality is that the Ravens are sitting guys and have nothing to play for, and if the Chiefs win early, the Texans won't either.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If AB signs with the Saints I could see the media embracing this as a great move by the saints rather than those moral-less Patriots will do anything to win coverage

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
NFL is already saying he's going to end up on the exempt list if anyone signs AB, so this is a non story.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If AB plays in the NFL this year for another team, I'm going to be so bullshit at Kraft and Belichick

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
One of the funny things to me is if all of the teams with a higher Win % win this weekend, then the Raiders will get it. It only takes the Ravens, Texans, and Colts winning (plus of course the Raiders themselves). It isn't all that far fetched.

The reality is that the Ravens are sitting guys and have nothing to play for, and if the Chiefs win early, the Texans won't either.
all the things the Raiders need to happen will, except they'll lose their game on some bonehead mental error.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It was one person. There are dumb people out there. There have been for a long time. Perhaps since even the start of people.

The paper was dumb for publishing The dumb person, but most op-Ed’s are dumb anyway. It’s why I don’t read them

It would be one thing to get outraged about the outrage if the public consensus was more split, but almost everybody has been like “that person is an idiot”. So who cares what the one person wrote

Last edited:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
It was one person. There are dumb people out there. There have been for a long time. Perhaps since even the start of people.

The paper was dumb for publishing The dumb person, but most op-Ed’s are dumb anyway. It’s why I don’t read them

It would be one thing to get outraged about the outrage if the public consensus was more split, but almost everybody has been like “that person is an idiot”. So who cares what the one person wrote
Well that is the whole point. Some putz writes a letter and during this time of giving this sham of a major newspaper chooses not to publish one of the many positives that I am sure they received from others, they decide to publish that.

The media is fake news.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well that is the whole point. Some putz writes a letter and during this time of giving this sham of a major newspaper chooses not to publish one of the many positives that I am sure they received from others, they decide to publish that.

The media is fake news.

that’s par for the course for op-Ed’s. Typically they post controversial opinions, that’s how you get them to be read. I personally feel like getting worked up about one nut jobs opinion is pointless, especially when the unanimous consensus is throwing that persons opinion under the bus. It would be one thing if people actually agreed with it but I found zero people who do

as for your last statement that’s a broad brush to paint with. Between this and the JR incident im wondering if you’re the one that’s looking to be outraged all the time

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
that’s par for the course for op-Ed’s. Typically they post controversial opinions, that’s how you get them to be read. I personally feel like getting worked up about one nut jobs opinion is pointless, especially when the unanimous consensus is throwing that persons opinion under the bus. It would be one thing if people actually agreed with it but I found zero people who do

as for your last statement that’s a broad brush to paint with. Between this and the JR incident im wondering if you’re the one that’s looking to be outraged all the time
That you are using this and other points in another thread to make it about me speaks more about you than it does about me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->