DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The 2 hour top 10 QB of NFL 100 tears was spectacular

Brady and Belichick :heart:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I saw they rounded out the top 3 QBs with Favre? Weird pick imo. I guess the conditions at lambeau need to be factored in when comparing him to manning and Brees though.

....I think rodgers is better than favre and I call him Fraudgers

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I saw they rounded out the top 3 QBs with Favre? Weird pick imo. I guess the conditions at lambeau need to be factored in when comparing him to manning and Brees though.

....I think rodgers is better than favre and I call him Fraudgers

Favre was just one of the in-studio players. They haven't been ranking them within the position groups. He's just one of the top 10.

Brady, Favre, and Roger Staubach were the 3 QBs they had in studio. I'm surprised they didn't get Manning and Brady together, but it could have simply been about schedules.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Favre was just one of the in-studio players. They haven't been ranking them within the position groups. He's just one of the top 10.

Brady, Favre, and Roger Staubach were the 3 QBs they had in studio. I'm surprised they didn't get Manning and Brady together, but it could have simply been about schedules.

that makes a lot more sense, I think I saw a headline mentioning those 3 being a part of the team and for some reason I assumed that was them ranking it

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Why bother playing this game. Is Miami capable of beating a college team? Sit Brady give him two weeks off. Love the hype though
tenor.gif

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wow....

Ex-Patriot Kevin Turner’s children battle the nurse who became his wife and heir - The Boston Globe

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — On the morning of March 9, 2015, former Patriots fullback Kevin Turner was losing his struggle with an incurable brain disease. His parents, who had left their longtime home and moved in to care for him, saw his nurse guiding their terminally ill son out of his house in his wheelchair.

Turner, a divorced father of three minor children, was all but paralyzed. He was breathing through a tube in his neck, and he took nutrition through a tube to his stomach. His mother asked the nurse, Allison Sanford, where they were headed.

Turner, then 45, was the face of a class-action suit by thousands of National Football League veterans over brain damage they suffered playing the game. As the lead plaintiff, he had campaigned from his wheelchair for the league to compensate the afflicted and make the sport safer for future generations, including his son, Nolan, now a member of Clemson’s undefeated football team.

“The nurse said they were going shopping,” his mother, Myra Turner, recalled.

Instead, they went to a church, where Turner’s nurse became his wife — and heir.

Was it an act of devotion, as Allison Sanford Turner claims? Or the product of a caregiver’s greed, as Turner’s children contend?

Turner died a year after that private wedding. Only then did his children — Nolan, now 20, Natalie, 17, and Cole, 15 — learn that he had created a trust two days before he took his last breath. The trust made Allison Sanford Turner, who never lived with her husband, the sole beneficiary of his NFL pension for the rest of her life: $108,000 annually for four years, $43,200 a year thereafter.

Turner’s estate also was awarded $5 million when the NFL settled the class-action case after he died. The trust called for Sanford Turner to receive 35 percent of the payment, with his children left to equally divide 65 percent, after loans and other obligations were paid.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Wow....

Ex-Patriot Kevin Turner’s children battle the nurse who became his wife and heir - The Boston Globe

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — On the morning of March 9, 2015, former Patriots fullback Kevin Turner was losing his struggle with an incurable brain disease. His parents, who had left their longtime home and moved in to care for him, saw his nurse guiding their terminally ill son out of his house in his wheelchair.

Turner, a divorced father of three minor children, was all but paralyzed. He was breathing through a tube in his neck, and he took nutrition through a tube to his stomach. His mother asked the nurse, Allison Sanford, where they were headed.

Turner, then 45, was the face of a class-action suit by thousands of National Football League veterans over brain damage they suffered playing the game. As the lead plaintiff, he had campaigned from his wheelchair for the league to compensate the afflicted and make the sport safer for future generations, including his son, Nolan, now a member of Clemson’s undefeated football team.

“The nurse said they were going shopping,” his mother, Myra Turner, recalled.

Instead, they went to a church, where Turner’s nurse became his wife — and heir.

Was it an act of devotion, as Allison Sanford Turner claims? Or the product of a caregiver’s greed, as Turner’s children contend?

Turner died a year after that private wedding. Only then did his children — Nolan, now 20, Natalie, 17, and Cole, 15 — learn that he had created a trust two days before he took his last breath. The trust made Allison Sanford Turner, who never lived with her husband, the sole beneficiary of his NFL pension for the rest of her life: $108,000 annually for four years, $43,200 a year thereafter.

Turner’s estate also was awarded $5 million when the NFL settled the class-action case after he died. The trust called for Sanford Turner to receive 35 percent of the payment, with his children left to equally divide 65 percent, after loans and other obligations were paid.

that nurse is a disgusting human being, may the worst things in life happen to her

Reactions: Bocephus86

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The San Francisco 49ers got Debo Samuel with the 36th pick and acquired Emmanuel Sanders for a 3rd & 4th

We took N'Keal Harry with the 32nd pick and acquired Mohamed Sanu for a 2nd rounder

I love Harry, but imagine how differently this year would've gone if we made the personnel moves that the Niners did

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The San Francisco 49ers got Debo Samuel with the 36th pick and acquired Emmanuel Sanders for a 3rd & 4th

We took N'Keal Harry with the 32nd pick and acquired Mohamed Sanu for a 2nd rounder

I love Harry, but imagine how differently this year would've gone if we made the personnel moves that the Niners did
Debo was my guy - probably have 20 posts whining they didn’t take him

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Debo was my guy - probably have 20 posts whining they didn’t take him
He and Harry are different types of receivers, of course, and back when we still thought we had Gordon and Dorsett maybe the stretch-the-field WR wasn't a priority compared to a physical WR with size. But Debo is pretty dynamic in the return game and in the passing game.

N'Keal will have a good career here still, so no big deal on that. I just can't get over trading for Sanu over Sanders. Sanders has been great, he's everything they needed, and he cost less. I know Sanu comes with an extra year, but he has not fit in here at all.

Reactions: Bocephus86

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Sanu gave me a glimpse of hope with that catch over the middle and YAC to get the first down

gonna need him to come up big next week. I have a feeling he’ll be good next year but it hasn’t been pretty so far

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Sanu gave me a glimpse of hope with that catch over the middle and YAC to get the first down

gonna need him to come up big next week. I have a feeling he’ll be good next year but it hasn’t been pretty so far

He got a high ankle sprain early on here, and the chatter is that that has limited him. But I see a lot of things that I don't like that aren't explained away by the ankle - like dropping balls right in his hands and a lack of competitiveness on contested balls. Maybe next year's better, or even next week, but I'm not holding out hope.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Derrick Henry late in the season is a BEAR

he did this last year too, he just goes postal the last half of each season. I think teams are too worn down to stop this truck of a man

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Seattle got boned on the booth not reviewing the DPI on the 3rd down pass. But Hollister didn't make it over the line on that 4th down play

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That whole last 45 seconds was a complete clusterfork

I don't know how you take a delay of game there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad