GWT: Champions League Round of 16 Part III

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Since we were handed once again a big team reffing clinic, I'll switch to the other game.
Too bad because obviously Barca doesn't need this, and since it pretty much killed the tie, Barca will win 3-0 or 4-0 and people will only remember the win and not the ref decision that turned the tie.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Love the anti modern day football banners in the Munich crowd. Ironic, seeing both Bayern and Liverpool are among those that spend a lot. Maybe not the most, but both barely produce home grown talent anymore.

EDIT: Bayern 1-1. Own goal Matip.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not a penalty, definitely
I know. Even the most biased Barca fan can't argue this one.
Lyon have been awful so far, and probably lose this game no matter what given their lack of technical control. But obviously, this goal changed everything.

At some point, VAR is making things worse. Now you get the bad refs in the driving seat behind their screen, probably under some pressure from home teams (I'm wondering here, I don't know) and you can't use the excuse of live reffing (because live, I could understand how this is called, but NOT on replays).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The Mane goal was part Neuer’s fault, but no goalkeeper expects a player to make those controls and finish from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad