GWT: Champions League Round of 16 Part III

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I think you didn't see the replay. Suarez steps on Denayer's foot. Even the spanish commentators say it's a Suarez foul.

I did see the replay and I don't feel it's a penalty, either. But at full speed and with the refs angle, I can see why he pointed to the stip. Just odd it never went to VAR. Dutch commentators had some strong doubts as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Didn't see it...what was the situation? Did Denayer go for the ball, miss, and then Suarez stepped on him as he ran by?
Denayer went for the ball and just as he was about to touch it, Suarez stepped on his foot. It's a Suarez foul.
Turned into a penalty, even after VAR review. Yes, even after VAR review. Amazing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I did see the replay and I don't feel it's a penalty, either. But at full speed and with the refs angle, I can see why he pointed to the stip. Just odd it never went to VAR. Dutch commentators had some strong doubts as well.
Live, I was split. Replay is quite telling, however 100% not a pen. VAR had an easy decision. For *some* reason, they didn't see anything wrong with the call. :facepalm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Denayer was going for the ball, didn't touch it, and impeded Suarez's progress it's a foul, even if Suarez stepped on him (assuming Suarez was the one who had the ball initially, if it's a 50/50 not the case).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nice dive from Martinez though.

Almost an insane goal from Firmino. Dang.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If Denayer was going for the ball, didn't touch it, and impeded Suarez's progress it's a foul, even if Suarez stepped on him (assuming Suarez was the one who had the ball initially, if it's a 50/50 not the case).
He didn't impede his progress they were not coming from the same side.
Nobody had the ball.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Liverpool up 1-0.

Neuer didn't look sharp there.

I don't get why these goalkeepers leave their territory in situations such as these.
Should open up more now, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad