GWT: Champions League Round of 16 Part III

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Absolutely no idea what to expect in the Bayern - Liverpool game.

Barcelona I think goes through in a steady, safe, if unspectacular way.
3-1 with the 3rd goal coming late.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Barcelona I think will walk Lyon today.

Liverpool game however...eh, I'm pretty nervous. We've been very hot and cold. Though you'd think with no away goal against we've got the advantage for this one...just score.

Ronaldo is quite simply the king of Champions League knockout football. He has scored 63 career goals at the business end of the competition, at least 23 more than any other player.

Dayum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I barely watch the Bundesliga anymore , so it'll be fun to see Bayern again.

Hope Liverpool goes through , though. Love me some Klopp.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Bayern is going through. Liverpool has been wretched on the road vs good teams

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Bayern is going through. Liverpool has been wretched on the road vs good teams

Yeah, especially since I think there's a good chance Klopp persists with Milner, Henderson and Gini in the midfield.

I also think he's tempted to play Lallana after the weekend.

Bleh.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Barcelona and Bayern are my picks for today's matches. I think Barcelona will win by 2 or 3 goals while Bayern/Liverpool will be closer.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
A shame we can´t watch both games today. Great fixtures.

Bayern and Lyon for me. Lyon mostly because I want it to be true. Do believe they got a fair chance though.

Reactions: Gecklund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not as confident as I was about a week ago. If they do bottle this, then Valverde should be ousted.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Midfield today should be Fabinho, Gini and Lallana. Firmino and Mane are in great form right now which bodes well for the game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon totally has a chance. They're quick, young and loaded with talent.
Their defense has been a weak point for years though. Not sure how they'll handle Barca forwards. But Lyon will score IMO. Probably more than 1 in fact.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Their defense has been a weak point for years though. Not sure how they'll handle Barca forwards. But Lyon will score IMO. Probably more than 1 in fact.
With the way pique playing and the rest of the defenders I'm more confident in Barca being defensively compact then they are creating chances.

3 goals In last 7 games (2 in 1 game)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Compact away sure, but at home, they'll push for goals. And Fekir, Aouar, Depay, Dembele and Ndombele is one heck of an offensive force if they play together.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Read the rules at some point before telling everyone to know about them :laugh:
50/50 IS trolling.

We have a new champion on this board :facepalm:

I'm not telling that to everyone, I'm talking to you, because you called me a noob, meanwhile you seem to not understand some basic rules.

Kimpembe made his body bigger by not gluing his hands and that helped him to block the ball. (this is a rule)

Kimpembe did that on purpose ? We can't know at 100%. (this is a rule)

Almost the same thing happenned to Perisic during the World Cup final and to Otamendi against Schalke.

For those reasons I'm telling you it's 50/50, because you can give it or not and it's not a scandalous decision, your acting like it never happened before, get a clue.

As for Tagliafico, it was the right call.

The fact that you persist that Tagliafico did nothing wrong confirm my point and I'll suggest you again, to know your rules, before giving your opinion.

Was Tagliafico offside when the action started ? Yes (this is a rule)

Did he participate to the action ? Yes, he prevented Courtois from doing his job. (this is a rule)

Then it was the right call.

@Corto gave you a great and clear answer, he even added some photos.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Man, stop saying things like "this is a rule". Read rule 12.
The fact I said what? Want to know what a fact is? Link me to where I said that.
Corto didn't even answer me.

Guy, read the conversation before posting shit.

Reactions: Gecklund

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
And how about the more than likely favorable Barcelona referee? Don't forget about this!!!

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The reality is referees are pro-big clubs except PSG which is a rich club but not a big club if you understand!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad