GWT: Champions League R16 Second Legs & QF Draw

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Mbappe brings much more than Haaland. 33 non penalty goals in 29 L1 games, 6 assists, dribbling, 4+4 in 8 CL games.
Not a knock on Haaland, he's such a rare talent. But he's a 9, in the box all the time and brings nothing but goals (but boy does he bring that).

Agree that Mbappe got a wider variety of strengths. He could probably play right back and be brilliant. Do not agree that Haaland is only a no. 9 - even if he is limited compared to Mbappe (most players would be).

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Haha, yes I'm on the other game and the only with suspense. No idea why you guys are watching the other.
Pepe just made the defensive play of the year.

He has been amazing tbh.
Put on Dortmund-Sevilla while doing work because I was expecting Juve-Porto to be a fairly turgid affair and because I enjoy watching Dortmund when they're on form

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
It was stupid from the player, no doubt, but red carding for that?
You give a stern warning and tell him he can't do that or he's out.

Unless it's already a blowout well before 90 mins, I'd guess this won't be the last red card and there will be a mayhem in the end.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Mbappe brings much more than Haaland. 33 non penalty goals in 29 L1 games, 6 assists, dribbling, 4+4 in 8 CL games.
Not a knock on Haaland, he's such a rare talent. But he's a 9, in the box all the time and brings nothing but goals (but boy does he bring that).
I would agree so far.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So I didn't actually see it, what was up with the Haaland goal/no goal/pen?

Did VAR say that he fouled the Sevilla player so the goal didn't count, but that he had been fouled before that so it was a pen?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
So I didn't actually see it, what was up with the Haaland goal/no goal/pen?

Did VAR say that he fouled the Sevilla player so the goal didn't count, but that he had been fouled before that so it was a pen?

Yep some shirt pull and that's why they called a penalty. Then he shot the penalty, was saved and off the post then the rebound a great save. Bono taunted Haaland after the saves.
Then they reviewed and goalie was off the line, and so the penalty was done again. Haaland shoots and scores, and proceeds to taunt Bono. Everyone gets crazy.

Reactions: Juve

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yep some shirt pull and that's why they called a penalty. Then he shot the penalty, was saved and off the post then the rebound a great save. Bono taunted Haaland after the saves.
Then they reviewed and goalie was off the line, and so the penalty was done again. Haaland shoots and scores, and proceeds to taunt Bono. Everyone gets crazy.

Yea I caught back up right after the first pen. Was entertaining stuff.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Commentators doing colour on Weston McKennie, off-handedly and casually refer to Schalke as a "car-crash of a club." They're not even here, man, you don't have to do them like that!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad