GWT: Champions League R16 Second Legs & QF Draw

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
As I said from the beginning, in order to give the receiving team (2nd leg) the advantage they deserve.
But is that advantage not already there by virtue of being on the home field for the deciding game? We don't say that a Game 7 at home in the NHL doesn't constitute an advantage because there's no away goals rule? A two-leg tie is obviously structured differently than a 7-game series, but going home for the return leg ALREADY constitutes an advantage because you're at home in the decisive fixture.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Ev-VkPYWYAA2R99

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Liverpool are not actually far from the favorites. No teams in Europe convince me, and all top clubs have quite large flaws. So why not?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Liverpool are not actually far from the favorites. No teams in Europe convince me, and all top clubs have quite large flaws. So why not?
I don't think we're going to win it but I think we're going to be better in it than we are in the PL. I think a lot of it is mental at this point and they desperately need a clean slate.

Not being at Anfield is also just about the best thing that could happen to us in that second leg.

I also wouldn't be floored if they dropped a stinker on Wednesday and went out, so I guess we'll see.

Reactions: AB13

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lewa is on a torrid pace at the moment, if they got matched up with Bayern in one of these remaining games I would not be surprised if he would score four in one match alone against Liverpool.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Lewa is on a torrid pace at the moment, if they got matched up with Bayern in one of these remaining games I would not be surprised if he would score four in one match alone against Liverpool.
Bayern have massive defensive flaws though, so Salah or Mane could do the same to Bayern if he hits form.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Not that I don't mind Juventus trailing, but that seemed a weird penalty to give. Porto player went in front of Demiral on purpose looking for contact, there was nothing more Demiral could have done to avoid colliding with him.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Not that I don't mind Juventus trailing, but that seemed a weird penalty to give. Porto player went in front of Demiral on purpose looking for contact, there was nothing more Demiral could have done to avoid colliding with him.
Huh? This is easy to answer. He could have simply not attacked the ball... he got trapped on a foul. This is quite common.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Juve should have had penalty after Pepe kneeing Morata on thigh.

Can't see Sevilla scoring four now to progress, even if that have played better than Dortmund.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Given that we're gonna spend the next decade talking about Mbappe and Haaland, I pose the question now:

Whose 20-year old season is better? Mbappe's 2018-19 or Haaland's 2020-21? (Not asking who is better now).

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Given that we're gonna spend the next decade talking about Mbappe and Haaland, I pose the question now:

Whose 20-year old season is better? Mbappe's 2018-19 or Haaland's 2020-21? (Not asking who is better now).

I don´t watch PSG enough to say (and didn't), but imagine Haaland with the support you got at PSG....

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
It doesn't matter whether the penalty was legit or not. This is what they deserve for signing shit players for free on high wages not properly signing proper midfield players and hiring a coach who couldn't even coach in FM!!!!!!!!!!!!

ovn_Zk.gif

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don´t watch PSG enough to say (and didn't), but imagine Haaland with the support you got at PSG....
Mbappe brings much more than Haaland. 33 non penalty goals in 29 L1 games, 6 assists, dribbling, 4+4 in 8 CL games.
Not a knock on Haaland, he's such a rare talent. But he's a 9, in the box all the time and brings nothing but goals (but boy does he bring that).

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad