GWT: Champions League R16 Second Legs & QF Draw

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Mbappe brings much more than Haaland. 33 non penalty goals in 29 L1 games, 6 assists, dribbling, 4+4 in 8 CL games.
Not a knock on Haaland, he's such a rare talent. But he's a 9, in the box all the time and brings nothing but goals (but boy does he bring that).

This is close to my take also, I think (I type this as he scores a second goal in purely brilliant fashion), but I'll push back a little against 'nothing but goals.' He's obviously a generational finisher, but his interplay is also seriously good. You bring up Mbappe's 6 assists in the league - Haaland has 4 this year.

And now it's a penalty instead? Truly strange situation here.

That was the only poor finish of Haaland's career to this point, I think

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, that's not a knock. He's an amazing player and I've said so for a while.
It's like comparing however a fox in the box to a complete forward Messi style. Trezeguet/Henry comparison (with higher ceiling for both)

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
This is close to my take also, I think (I type this as he scores a second goal in purely brilliant fashion), but I'll push back a little against 'nothing but goals.' He's obviously a generational finisher, but his interplay is also seriously good. You bring up Mbappe's 6 assists in the league - Haaland has 4 this year.

And now it's a penalty instead? Truly strange situation here.

No idea what they did, also that's a foul? I mean, both players are strong. It feels Fernando fell rather easily.
Mbappe in my opinion is a better overall player but Haaland does bring more stuff than goals. The stats are there and it's much closer than it seems.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yes, that's not a knock. He's an amazing player and I've said so for a while.
It's like comparing however a fox in the box to a complete forward Messi style. Trezeguet/Henry comparison (with higher ceiling for both)
I'm just not sure fox in the box is a fair characterization!

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yeah well for instance, Trez was a great link up guy. Giroud too. But they're guys who score in the box, not carrying the ball from 40 meters dribbling through defenses.
You might be watching the Juve-Porto game, but the goal that Haaland just had disallowed involved him dribbling 40 metres through the defense hahaha

Reactions: gary69

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am not Porto manager but they should make a change to be able to cope defensively.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You might be watching the Juve-Porto game, but the goal that Haaland just had disallowed involved him dribbling 40 metres through the defense hahaha
Haha, yes I'm on the other game and the only with suspense. No idea why you guys are watching the other.
Pepe just made the defensive play of the year.

He has been amazing tbh.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I know its harsh to give Taremi a 2nd yellow, but he should know better than to do something as idiotic as that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad