GWT: Champions League R16 First Legs

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Count me in as seeing the highlight and thinking that’s harsh

But I don’t think it’s too ridiculous from the refs pov. Maybe he thought the tackle was from behind, in which you have to make that call then.

VAR should have stepped in and said to have a look though

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Count me in as seeing the highlight and thinking that’s harsh

But I don’t think it’s too ridiculous from the refs pov. Maybe he thought the tackle was from behind, in which you have to make that call then.

VAR should have stepped in and said to have a look though

If the official thought it was from behind he shouldn't be officiating a CL game.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
If the official thought it was from behind he shouldn't be officiating a CL game.
upload_2021-2-24_13-20-40.png

I can see why he made the mistake live from his POV, honestly.

Key word - mistake.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
That was a borderline red and I can see it going either way. But to not even go to VAR is absolutely shocking. Once again, Real Madrid playing by different rules in the CL.

Reactions: Rob and Peen

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Sure if you pause it after the foul. But look at it when the foul occured:

7C8g1no.png

As I said, if an official in the position he is in (which could not be better) thinks that's from behind, he should be reffing in the CL.
Maybe that’s not when he thought the foul occurred though?

Like - I’m in agreement that it’s a yellow card after seeing the replay and being able to see where you paused it.

I just wish we could have seen a simulation from the refs pov or something to understand why he might have done what he did.

Still shambles from VAR to not intervene.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Awful for Atalanta. Shouldn't have been sent down to 10 men and then when Real should have been the ref lets them off easy and they score 5 minutes later.
Are you surprised? Real Madrid have needed questionable reffing decisions to advance in the CL for the last 10 years now.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad