Lazio x Bayern Munich

Wednesday 24 February

Atalanta x Real Madrid
Monchengladbach x Man City @ Hungary

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you are placing bets, pick Sevilla. I think a few of the Dortmund defense have also been placing some bets on the opponent.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Liverpool are a pretty big favorite on the betting lines. -278 to go through. Leipzig is +220

how has RB been lately? I saw Forsberg is probably out. Any other injuries?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Liverpool are a pretty big favorite on the betting lines. -278 to go through. Leipzig is +220

how has RB been lately? I saw Forsberg is probably out. Any other injuries?

Wins in 4 of their last 5, including being one of two teams to avoid drawing this weekend.

Forsberg is out, Laimer still isn't back, and Szoboszlai hasn't been fit enough to play for them yet.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Wins in 4 of their last 5, including being one of two teams to avoid drawing this weekend.

Forsberg is out, Laimer still isn't back, and Sboboszlai hasn't been fit enough to play for them yet.

so you’re saying there’s a chance

I do like the value there. 2/1 to advance is a pretty heavy dog line.

Your boys are 7/1 to advance past City. Always worth a flier when City is a heavy favorite in the CL

Reactions: cgf

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
UEFA asked LFC (not sure of the others) to move 2nd Leg to a neutral fixture. No word on that yet.

I don’t think it’s an unfair ask, but if that’s the case they need to remove away goals.

Yea I’d agree you should take out away goals if it’s two neutral venues, although that would obviously need to be decided before the game this week.

Anyway, the TL;DR of the situation is that the first leg *had* to be moved to another venue because local laws prevented the English clubs from participating.

The return legs have been *requested* to be moved because local law (for what would be the visitors) make it awkward for them. If Liverpool et al agree to move, they’d get financial compensation for losing a home game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Your boys are 7/1 to advance past City. Always worth a flier when City is a heavy favorite in the CL
BMG were on great form to start the new year but have sputtered the last couple of matches. If that was from splitting their focus and they come out against City in the form they were in, they could even payout...but yeah Leipzig seems the better german underdog to take a punt on; though I liked their chances better when it looked like Laimer might be back & Forsberg was fit.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Leipzig got to be favourites with Liverpool current form, at least for tomorrow's game

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I meant why would they remove the away goal rule?
Because neither team would have home field advantage. It’s dumb.

why should a tiebreak between an English team and a German team involve a goal scored in Budapest with no fans in th ground?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Because neither team would have home field advantage. It’s dumb.

why should a tiebreak between an English team and a German team involve a goal scored in Budapest with no fans in th ground?
So the advantage is irrelevant why would it be removed? No one has fans

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So the advantage is irrelevant why would it be removed? No one has fans
I understand that no one has fans, but this also literally has no home field advance. Neither team is playing in their home country

if leg one is in Hungary and leg 2 is in Romania (for example) why should there be away goal advantage

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I understand that no one has fans, but this also literally has no home field advance. Neither team is playing in their home country

if leg one is in Hungary and leg 2 is in Romania (for example) why should there be away goal advantage
I just dont see why they would have a special rule for one game when the advantage is for neither team?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The return leg having the away goal is an advantage and deservedly so (top of the group).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad