GWT: Champions League Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah I play football and get fouled worse than that without leaving my feet on a weekly basis. Busquets doing Busquets things. That's all it was, and even though Torres was being wreckless it was deserving of a warning not a red, but it is what it is. Busquets should also be a on a red, but eh.

...and yes, that's a 'faint brush of legs', Torres barely touched him, though you wouldn't be able to tell the way Sergio jumps to the ground afterwards.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
https://streamable.com/rcqy?t=6.0

If you can watch that and tell me it was a egregious foul and not a blatant dive and attempt to receive contact from Torres by Busquets I'll drop it. Look how quickly Busquets is down and writing in pain from that faint brush of legs. :laugh:

You'd think he'd stop getting calls because of his reputation for doing this all-the-time, but we all know that won't happen...

Yea Busquets overacts a little, but that's a pretty blatant yellow. He crashed into the back of his leg for absolutely no reason at all.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Been impressed with Saul every time I see him play. Looks like a fantastic player. He's just everywhere on the pitch.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Haha, I was just about to say, if they can't score here they really don't deserve to advance

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Torres might actually have cost his team the tie here.
Too bad MATS saved that Griez goal in the first half.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sure, but I believe Atletico could have had a result without him vs getting a result at 10 vs 11.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yes Torres' aggressiveness probably hurt Atletico more than his goal helped them.

Suarez with the timely goals, even though he was pretty invisible up to his first one. Still love that guy too.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
@Curtinho : stupidly fouling players on the halfway line is not agressiveness it's stupid play and when you're already on a yellow it's completely idiotic.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well since it's an away goal if Atletico can keep it within one goal it could still go down as being a boon if they can win 1-0 at home or something, though that is unlikely I think against Barcelona.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
And he did it before the second yellow as well, when the referee played an advantage and "gave him a chance."

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
All 4 ties will be done this week, this round Europa games will be more tight and fun to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad