GWT: Champions League Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Hatterson: Yes according to the rules it could and probably should have been. This is not hockey where there's no "real rules".

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah, if we're going to take that approach give a yellow card for every foul and move on. Except that doesn't happen. Consistency is what determines the reffing, as each ref really has their own way of approaching the game, or at least it certainly seems that way despite the rules being the same for everyone.

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Yeah, if we're going to take that approach give a yellow card for every foul and move on. Except that doesn't happen. Consistency is what determines the reffing, as each ref really has their own way of approaching the game, or at least it certainly seems that way despite the rules being the same for everyone.

At least in this game the refs has chosen his side.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
There's no such thing as "warning" this is not 8 years old kids. Referees in the pro ranks are not there to "coach" and warn players. Torres knew what he was doing, the referee gave him a chance on the first one which could-should have been red then let one foul go then the obvious second yellow. Please there's absolutely no debate there.

So Busquets should also have been sent off? Because what he did after Torres was sent off was identical to what Torres got his first booking for.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Anyway the problem here, as most everywhere, is that some people look at it as how they would have liked it...some others know the rules and the logic behind the rules and when we see good refereeing we applaud it. And if I'm a coach I can't understand what Torres did.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not to mention Torres has a foul earlier but the ref called a advantage. His emotions were running high and it got the better of him. Smilier to Gerrard against Manu last year. You'd think players with their experience would use their heads.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Busquets tried to play the ball on that foul.

Torres on his first booking just kicked at Neymar, a player I hate, with zero attempt at the ball.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
According to the rules and the spirit of the rules, the first one could have been a red and the second one was a yellow 100% of the time.

Busquets should have gotten a yellow though that's obvious.

So Busquets does a challenge identical to Torres' first booking, which according to you should have been a red card for Torres, but only a booking for Busquets, un****ingbelievable

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Giving a red for the first Torres foul would have been hilariously bad. Would have legitimately been one of the worst straight reds I'd have ever seen.

If you want to give a red for kicking at an opponent and not hitting the ball, look at what Suarez did.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Torres first one wasn't a challenge-tackle it was a kicking attempt at someon's legs...Stuff we see in amateur leagues which often results in brawls...

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
You guys make no sense, you have zero argument only complete bias. Stay in your ignorance and subjectivity all you want.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
There's no such thing as "warning" this is not 8 years old kids. Referees in the pro ranks are not there to "coach" and warn players. Torres knew what he was doing, the referee gave him a chance on the first one which could-should have been red then let one foul go then the obvious second yellow. Please there's absolutely no debate there.
In particular, a referee has no obligation to save a player from his own stupidity. If Torres wants to play in the latter stages of the CL, he better show the necessary discipline and refrain from idiotic but possibly harmful charges on the center line.

Gruß,
BSHH

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Lol. I love you Suarez, but that just embarrassing. No need to ever fake being hurt, let alone on a play that wasn't even a foul.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You guys make no sense, you have zero argument only complete bias. Stay in your ignorance and subjectivity all you want.

https://streamable.com/rcqy?t=6.0

If you can watch that and tell me it was a egregious foul and not a blatant dive and attempt to receive contact from Torres by Busquets I'll drop it. Look how quickly Busquets is down and writing in pain from that faint brush of legs. :laugh:

You'd think he'd stop getting calls because of his reputation for doing this all-the-time, but we all know that won't happen...

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
https://streamable.com/rcqy?t=6.0

If you can watch that and tell me it was a egregious foul and not a blatant dive and attempt to receive contact from Torres by Busquets I'll drop it. Look how quickly Busquets is down and writing in pain from that faint brush of legs. :laugh:

You'd think he'd stop getting calls because of his reputation for doing this all-the-time, but we all know that won't happen...

He's trying to argue the first booking was a red card. :help:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Certainly not a dive since he got hit.
If you think it's a faint "brush" of legs, you probably haven't played football in your life.
It's a clear foul and a warranted yellow, period.

Was that the worst foul in history? Of course not. Yet it was a perfectly logical yellow.
The fact Torres was already booked makes it all the more stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad