GWT: Champions League Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I've never seen a team get more help from the officials than Barcelona in Europe, in general.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
LOL @ anyone who thinks either of those yellows was down to bias. I love Torres, Simeone, and Atletico in general. But those were both stupid fouls and each was a clear yellow, and the second could've been a red. Torres has himself to blame.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:facepalm:

Amazing. So when a team plays Barca, they can hack everywhere on the pitch, it's UEFA's fault if the ref gives cards... :shakehead

EDIT : And I pull for Atletico there !

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Simeone would do himself and his team a favor to act against his instinct and try to calm things down a bit from here. Escalating things further will not help.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
LOL @ anyone who thinks either of those yellows was down to bias. I love Torres, Simeone, and Atletico in general. But those were both stupid fouls and each was a clear yellow, and the second could've been a red. Torres has himself to blame.

The first could have easily gone either way, but the second was very well earned. Just a stupid play to make when you're already on a card.

I'm actually surprised the game seemed to settle down at the end of the half. Looked like it was going a little wild for a bit where there was a meeting after every foul.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.

The second was a borderline booking, you don't give a booking for running into the back of someone.

Also, its the double standard, Busquets does essentially the same thing as Torres' first booking literally less than a minute after Torres is sent off with no booking. It's not the fact decisions go against teams not called Real Madrid against Barcelona. It is the fact their is a clear double standard.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
:facepalm:

Amazing. So when a team plays Barca, they can hack everywhere on the pitch, it's UEFA's fault if the ref gives cards... :shakehead

EDIT : And I pull for Atletico there !

Just quoting this in case anyone missed it.

See Les Habs he's not a Real fan.:D

Jul 7, 2009
The second was a borderline booking, you don't give a booking for running into the back of someone.

Also, its the double standard, Busquets does essentially the same thing as Torres' first booking literally less than a minute after Torres is sent off with no booking. It's not the fact decisions go against teams not called Real Madrid against Barcelona. It is the fact their is a clear double standard.

Should of been a straight red in the first place.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No way I'm a Real fan.
Only a Barca fan (who sees everyone as being for Real or for Barca) would think that :laugh:
I dislike both teams !

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The referee had an excellent first half, his only mistake is not giving a yellow for Busquets. Torres was really dumb I have no idea what his problem was. Asking for cards like this in an important game????

Those yellow jerseys are disgusting.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

This, and I'm not a fan of the second yellow anyway just for running into the back like that. A warning yes, but both of the bookings were very quick without any kind of warning. The second booking reminds me of players in hockey that turn themselves around so someone coming in for a check hits them in the numbers.

Where was the booking on Busquets?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This, and I'm not a fan of the second yellow anyway just for running into the back like that. A warning yes, but both of the bookings were very quick without any kind of warning. The second booking reminds me of players in hockey that turn themselves around so someone coming in for a check hits them in the numbers.

Where was the booking on Busquets?

Similar play to the first booking on Torres, happened a minute or two after Torres had been sent off.

Like the first Torres booking, I felt it could have easily gone either way.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
Persistent infraction resulting in a yellow card is still a thing, right? YOu want to judge all of the yellow cards as a result of bias, but each foul has a context. Torres' first card wasn't his first foul. And he could've been carded again for a different foul before he got sent off.

And there was nothing borderline about the second booking. He made very little attempt at the ball and no attempt to pull up instead of barging Busquets over. Of course Busquets knew what he was doing. That just means Busquets was smarter than Torres in that instant.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
There's no such thing as "warning" this is not 8 years old kids. Referees in the pro ranks are not there to "coach" and warn players. Torres knew what he was doing, the referee gave him a chance on the first one which could-should have been red then let one foul go then the obvious second yellow. Please there's absolutely no debate there.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
There's no such thing as "warning" this is not 8 years old kids. Referees in the pro ranks are not there to "coach" and warn players. Torres knew what he was doing, the referee gave him a chance on the first one which could-should have been red then let one foul go then the obvious second yellow. Please there's absolutely no debate there.

:huh:

The first one a red? Are you watching the same game as us?

The first was a foul that easily could have been nothing, but I think was given as a result of Atletico players fouling Neymar for the previous 20 seconds as he ran across the field.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
According to the rules and the spirit of the rules, the first one could have been a red and the second one was a yellow 100% of the time.

Busquets should have gotten a yellow though that's obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad