GWT: Champions League Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Could have been a lot better, but also could have been a lot worse for Atletico. Down by 1 with an away goal is far from a terrible place to be coming home.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Atletico will be satisfied with the result, but could have targeted a better one if not for Torres' stupidity.

Bayern being once again really disappointing. They look uninspired. Benfica really should have scored one goal.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Messi's been off since coming back, perhaps a matter of fatigue with the international games. Needs a bit of rest, but knowing him and that game at the Anoeta, it's not going to happen.

Torres probably costed them this tie, it should be a good one at the Calderon nonetheless.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Augusto could've easily been sent off for his 2 legged challenge.

Messi should've gotten a pk...only reason he didn't is because Torres' red. Let that not get in your way of your agenda though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A new record for Barcelona, the team with most opponents sent off from UCL history (29)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Haha I have no horse in this race. I don't have a preference between Atletico or Barcelona I'm just having some fun.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Torres made a completely idiotic play and the ref had clear that it was a 2nd yellow.

Atletico did play an incredible game defending and Luis Felipe specially was world-class.
Atletico should be happy with the result they got... and it could have been better if not for Torres brainfart.

PS: Yes, Suarez should have been sent off

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Haha I have no horse in this race. I don't have a preference between Atletico or Barcelona I'm just having some fun.

It wasn't directed at you(although that speaks volumes that you think it did)...And you 100% have a preference between the 2 teams. You're not fooling anyone.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Whatever you say. I love watching Messi/Suarez/Iniesta and co. Neymar too most of the time.

Barcelona vs. the world.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A new record for Barcelona, the team with most opponents sent off from UCL history (29)
Let's see how amazing this stat is when you think that :
- team with likely the biggest possession % in CL history.
- team with likely one of the biggest numbers of CL games

Yeah, weird stat... :laugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't think it's weird at all. I think they have the most CL games, one of the best if not the best team in the modern CL, etc. I was just posting it, and it's actually 30 red cards I believe not 29. Still a pretty amazing stat when you think about it.

For example with some consistency in this game both Suarez and Busquets could have been sent off pretty easily. I doubt there will be any retroactive punishment to Suarez either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->