GWT: Champions League Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hard to see a team that has given up more than 2 goals just once this season being easily carved up by Atletico, Xabi or not. Maybe Pep will trust Kimmich to play in Xabi's place when Boateng comes back now that Kimmich has played well in several important matches. Boateng could replace Xabi's role in distributing the ball to the wings and move more into midfield with the ball, interchanging with Kimmich. With Robben potentially back in the mix as well, Bayern could be a lot better next round. They could still play well with Xabi in the starting lineup, but not as well.

Thats because they play in the Bundesliga where they are far ahead of any team in the league.

They looked very vulnerable against Juve and Benfica.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It will come as no surprise to any of you that I don't watch a lot of football. Not having any of the assorted pay TV methods the only stuff I watch on TV is whatever the BBC deigns to show me, which nowadays is exclusively FA Cup and Scottish Cup/League Cup games, plus the assorted highlights programmes for Scottish & English league games. To give you some sort of perspective, Gary Lineker's salary for Match of the Day exceeds what the BBC spends on the rights for Scottish football. The thing is though, I don't especially watch any of this out of any real sense of enjoyment out of football itself. I certainly enjoy watching football, but I mainly watch it because I have some vague sense of caring about the teams involved. For instance, the next game of football I watch will be a cup semi-final between one team whose players literally quit in the middle of games and another whose name substitutes as a verb for spectacular failure, most recently seen failing to win a game in which they were two goals and a man up with three minutes to go. At home.

x6QQ6D3.gif

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Weird I see Atletico as winners against Bayern. They know how to deal with those possession teams and Bayern's defense hurts the eye.

Reasonable prognosis.

Thats because they play in the Bundesliga where they are far ahead of any team in the league.

They looked very vulnerable against Juve and Benfica.

Saw this response coming lol

Tell me, which teams has Atletico easily carved up this season?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Reasonable prognosis is "Dortmund is the third best club in the world"?

Thats up there with "jordan henderson top b2b mid in the world" in sheer ignorance and hilarity.

Where did this post come from? lol. If you're going to take shots at least do them in the proper thread. Funny to see City fans showing their heads again after such a miserable season. I'm going to guess you didn't watch Dortmund much this year.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Where did this post come from? lol. If you're going to take shots at least do them in the proper thread.
In that case we should have a 'special' thread for you to post in.

Weird I see Atletico as winners against Bayern. They know how to deal with those possession teams and Bayern's defense hurts the eye.
Not weird at all. I can see that happening

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
In that case we should have a 'special' thread for you to post in.

Always hilarious to see you drop in with resentful **** when you have nothing of your own to contribute. BTW I never said they were the clear third best club in Europe. I said they were as strong as any of those other teams.

And I don't think you understand what a prognosis is. I wasn't making fun of Evilo either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad