GWT: Champions League - Matchweek 5

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Josh Cohen gave up three nearly identical goals; side footed curlers into the side net from the right side of the box (from the keeper's perspective) about 10 yards out.

I have done that exact same thing and it is so frustrating. There's basically nothing you can do about them

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
On the train back from the Celtic game. They lack cutting edge without McGregor and Jota and have missed them in both games since they were injured.

Same story. Not ruthless enough. It’s a bit disappointing as we’ve been competitive in pretty much every game. Just can’t take our chances. Hopefully will get a chance to build on it and go again next season.

The Shakhtar miss at the end on the counter was one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Messi finishes with 2 goals, 2 assists and a..... goalpost.

Didin't he hit the bar as well...or was that the post late on, I was watching two matches at the same time? Neymar- Messi -Mbappe was great to watch. Mbappe again scoring from the same spot inside the box, with pretty much a same shot into the nearly same area of the net.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Josh Cohen gave up three nearly identical goals; side footed curlers into the side net from the right side of the box (from the keeper's perspective) about 10 yards out.

I have done that exact same thing and it is so frustrating. There's basically nothing you can do about them

Mbappe scores a goal from that exact spot with that exact shot nearly every match now, he has been doing that for a long time now.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Benfica should have won that 5/6-1.

What a performance. Antonio Silva continues to grow and I dont know how Verrisimo displaces him?

Rafa-So happy Santos was there to watch the game, the guy retired from the national team because of your boneheaded tactics and love of playing your usual donkeys...the exact wildcard we need off the bench in the World Cup or to start vs Korea etc. Seeing Santos there must have given him a boost.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mate, you drafted him this year and you’re trading him to me next year so…. ;)
Nope I didn't draft him this year.
And no I'm not trading him unless you send me something you wouldn't want to send me :)

Didin't he hit the bar as well...or was that the post late on, I was watching two matches at the same time? Neymar- Messi -Mbappe was great to watch. Mbappe again scoring from the same spot inside the box, with pretty much a same shot into the nearly same area of the net.
Yeah bar you're right.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We played City even both games. First game our backup goalie made a howler that cost us the game. This game no such luck for City going against a back up.

Hard to take much from that group. Sevilla was so bad early this season before they fired their manager. We probably could’ve won the group without the away leg 2-1 loss that really should’ve been a draw, but I’ll take the easy advancement in second place.

City didn’t look impressive in either game. Great team and I expect they’ll have a chance to win the competition, but I don’t know why the mighty BVB made them look pedestrian twice.

City ain't that scary without de Bruyne. I'm always impressed with Hummels whenever I see him, I think the reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. Cancelo acting like City's quarterback so far, and doing it quite well, but he's on a yellow going against Adeyemi in that flank, I'm a bit worried for him.

You missed last season then. It was a disaster for him.

This season he’s been one of our best players. I think he probably got lazy last season and thought he could take a season off of working hard. He’s back in form now.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Tatarusanu turning back the clock in Milan's net lately, making the loss of Maignan sting less. He's a consumate professional and a great guy too, however having followed him his whole career I know he's got a big blunder just waiting to happen, just hope it doesn't happen in an important game for Milan.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nope I didn't draft him this year.
And no I'm not trading him unless you send me something you wouldn't want to send me :)

Yeah, it was at the start of this season, about 6 months ago. I should have countered you, but didn’t all things considered. Regardless, you got him for the league minimum.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
City ain't that scary without de Bruyne. I'm always impressed with Hummels whenever I see him, I think the reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. Cancelo acting like City's quarterback so far, and doing it quite well, but he's on a yellow going against Adeyemi in that flank, I'm a bit worried for him.

Mats has bounced back well after last season...but one has to wonder how much of that is having Schlotterbeck & Süle to take care of him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
60 more mins victor please

welp I shouldnt have said anything.... Im certain I would've saved that tooo. Zero effort from the keeper

Last edited:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
The Porto GK twice saved a penalty, first one he got off his line early so Brugge got to kick again so he saved that one too

I think against Leverkusen he also saved 2 pens already

Reactions: gary69

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ajax should be up 1-0.

LFC bad on the road and terrible without Thiago. Ajax going to get plenty of chances today

Our midfielders can't run anymore. Henderson lets guy run straight past him like he's stuck in the mud.
No Thiago no party. Even if the tactics are worked out, this is the issue. The athleticism is gone from Henderson and Fabinho and that doesn’t come back

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Imagine being a CB, and your manager chooses Marcos Alonso to the position ahead of you...

That's not the first time Xavi's done that, and against Bayern's front 3 it makes some sense to try & deal with their speed.

The midfield is more baffling to me unless he was planning on parking a bus and trying to hit Bayern on the counter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad