Champions League last 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Good news is Khedria is not playing due to an irregular heartbeat. I am still worried about Atletico, their midfield is very good compared to ours.
Their midfield is very good in general. The issue is Simeone is a very limited manager.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, he's limited. Given his roster and his achievements, the only limited view here is to underrate him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The circus... :facepalm:
From both teams :facepalm:

Poor ref is going to have 10 players around him at every single whistle.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ronaldo doesn't change, that's for sure.
Shoots from 35 meters and two defensemen in front of him with 2 teammates free because... well because.

Reactions: robertmac43

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, he's limited. Given his roster and his achievements, the only limited view here is to underrate him.
Limited meaning he can't make the most of all star studded roster. He has one of the best lineups but plays like stoke

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
With the nature of life recently I have not been as up to date with footirbfrom around the world. So I was just wondering how is Saul playing at the moment?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Limited meaning he can't make the most of all star studded roster. He has one of the best lineups but plays like stoke
He has the 3rd roster in Spain. Has had it for years. Yet he won 1 title and finished 2nd a few times (in fact he is 2nd right now).
He isn't close to having the 2nd best CL roster and yet reached the final mutiple times, including one he should have won.

All star sudded roster. LOL.
I'm wondering if Guardiola could win a title with Atletico against Barca and Real like Simeone did.
Wait, I know. He can't. Not until he buys 1B€ of players.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Yep, and he had to coach all those players to reach the level they're at. None of them were bought as stars.

All we see are the limitations of actually having to coach your team into what you want it to be.

The other top managers like Pep, Klopp, Zidane (yuck), Tuchel, Carlo (when at a top team), and Allegri have all had stars provided for them.

Reactions: Juve

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He has the 3rd roster in Spain. Has had it for years. Yet he won 1 title and finished 2nd a few times (in fact he is 2nd right now).
He isn't close to having the 2nd best CL roster and yet reached the final mutiple times, including one he should have won.

All star sudded roster. LOL.
I'm wondering if Guardiola could win a title with Atletico against Barca and Real like Simeone did.
Wait, I know. He can't. Not until he buys 1B€ of players.
We've been over this a year or two ago his squad the starting eleven was as good as any side in the Spanish league.

I got no reason to hate on him. Just calling it like I see it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yep, and he had to coach all those players to reach the level they're at. None of them were bought as stars.

All we see are the limitations of actually having to coach your team into what you want it to be.

The other top managers like Pep, Klopp, Zidane (yuck), Tuchel, Carlo (when at a top team), and Allegri have all had stars provided for them.
Yeah, that's great but why does he continuously get played off the pitch in the league to lesser teams. He refuses to open up and take the shackles off his star players.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think the whole 'best manager' or even 'good or bad manager' gets thrown around too liberally. Some managers are just better suited to certain roles, teams and players. Is it likely that Simeone would do as well with Barcelona as he does with Atletico? Probably not as expectations become very different; the mentality even of the teams and individuals are different as well. By that same token, Pep would not be able to do with Atletico what Simeone has done either. Tiers I think are more appropriate, similar to how I think players should be rated as well. There's so many variables involved that to say conclusively that one coach is the best in the world or that a coach is bad despite having success elsewhere seems a bit shallow.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Simeone would hardly do worse than Valverde with Barca.

And to say Atletico has as good a roster as Barca and Real is just wrong, no matter how many times you write it.
No Busquets, no Modric, no Pique, no Ramos, no ter Stegen, no Courtois, and of course, no Messi, no Ronaldo.
When your attack is Diego Costa/Griezmann when the others have Messi/Neymar/Suarez or Benzema/Bale/Cristiano, it's laughable to compare.

Reactions: Pouchkine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille