Champions League last 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Ronaldo was their best and most important player on the whole. That doesn't mean that other world class players didn't step up when needed.

Same thing with Barca. Messi is the most important player, but obviously Suarez, Rakitic, Iniesta, Neymar and others stepped up and we’re big parts of the CL wins. No one can do it alone.

Reactions: YNWA14

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Ronaldo impressed me in the way he was still effective as a goal scorer after he had basically lost much of his overall game at the end of his RM spell. Very few players are able to adjust their style that successfully as one gets older (Scholes another great example).

No question Ronaldo was RMs best player through his time there, but for at least his two last seasons Modric was their best player in my opinion - maybe even three.

Not that it is that interesting. The team was built around Ronaldo scoring goals and he delivered. And they kept on winning the CL so who cares which individual player was the best?

If Juventus thought Ronaldo would carry them to another CL they were terribly mistaken. I don’t think they thought that though. If so they should have spent that money on Modric instead (obviously not nearly as interesting commercially so.....).

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Ajax have a chance, I think it depends if Real's scoring is on. Or if either Courtious/Navas or Onana plays like a brick wall.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
------Areola
Aurier-Kimpembe-Zagadou-F. Mendy
-----Nzonzi
--Matuidi-Pogba
Coman--Martial
----Mbappe

Last 16 starting XI born in Paris area.

Status
Not open for further replies.