Champions League last 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
If we can't beat Atletico then we don't deserve to be there.

On paper Juve should be able to beat them. But Atletico might be the more balanced team across 4 lines. With a solid team like theirs I’m worried Juve’s midfield would lack creativity to break their lines.

I’m praying for Pogba or Rabiot to join this winter

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I kind of expected us to get Spurs. Not so bad. I just wanted to avoid Liverpool. I thought the rest of the teams we should beat. Spurs are a decent side, so it should be a close tie, although we are probably a little better this season.

All the winners of the Round of 16 are hoping they draw the AS Roma-Porto winner.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Barca and Real get first round bye as usual.
Someone missed Lyon dominating City in both legs.

I'm not sure where Lyon will stand in march, but they're notoriously on a roll in the second halves of seasons the last few years.
With the crazy uber talent they have throughout the lineup, they're not a walk in the park.
Barca should and will probably get through of course, but it's a huge mistake to seem them as "bye".

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
On paper Juve should be able to beat them. But Atletico might be the more balanced team across 4 lines. With a solid team like theirs I’m worried Juve’s midfield would lack creativity to break their lines.

I’m praying for Pogba or Rabiot to join this winter

On paper, maybe... The midfield is the biggest weak point we have. It's like the board is allergic to signing a midfielder. I am not getting my hopes up high after witnessing a disastrous 3 games in a row. We hardly ever truly dominate games. How many times this year we struggle to score one goal and Napoli or Inter get 3+ the against the same team a week or two after.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I wanted Barca for Liverpool but this will do.

This will be a very fun series.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I wouldn't want to face Messi without VVD. Luckily for you, that will not happen
I don't mean it as an insult to Barcelona at all. I'm sure Lewandowski without VVD for a leg isnt going to be a picnic either. I just want to see this Liverpool team against a Super Team like Barcelona.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Real lost twice to CSKA in the group games, Ajax can pull it off.

Read Fekir is out for the first leg, that’ll be tough for OL since the second leg is going to be played in Barcelona. Still, should be an exciting matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad