Champions League Game Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
Reus is never healthy!

We should sell him for 35M (great deal) and actually have money.

He is always hurt

useless to us hurt

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Spartak dropped points at the end of their game, so all of Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor, and Spartak are on one point.

I don't feel so bad about dropping those two points now, but I'm ready to give up on Karius and have been ready to give up on Lovren.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The main thing I take away from all of this is Dortmund is still a TOP 5 team

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well. The first offside you can clearly justify being offside.

That said I think Spurs were extremely lucky. A bit more even second half, but if Dortmund go 2-2 I just can´t see Spurs winning (even if you never know when Dortmund give away a one on one against the goalkeeper).

Very impressed by Dortmund considering all the injuries, but can´t play football that way though. Up against better teams than Spurs you would concede 5 goals every time with that kind of defending (not even taking the goalkeeping mistakes into consideration).

Luck tends to balance itself out in the long run. Finally Spurs got more than they deserved at Wembley. First time since the league cup final against Chelsea some 10 years ago.

The first didn't need to be called offside. Aubameyang didn't touch the ball.

And I'm not arguing about who played better. I don't need to have that discussion, really is meaningless. I'm disappointed with how Dortmund defended, but the point I'm making is that Spurs fans should really not be doing much complaining here. This was highway robbery of a result. Good for you guys, lets wait and see what happens over 6 match days.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
How many born 98 or later are as good as Pulisic? Mbappe and?

Development isn´t linear, but Pulisic is quite special. And I´m not American.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Nowhere near is a real exaggeration. Reus is better for now, but they are different players. I think pretty soon Pulisic will be better.

They are indeed different players. And as I said in another post maybe Pulisic will become the better player. Let's wait until Marco comes back and what he can do then.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

And I'm not arguing about who played better. I don't need to have that discussion, really is meaningless. I'm disappointed with how Dortmund defended, but the point I'm making is that Spurs fans should really not be doing much complaining here. This was highway robbery of a result. Good for you guys, lets wait and see what happens over 6 match days.

Are Spurs fans doing much complaining?

And no way was it close to being highway robbery.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

And I´m not complaining so no need to tell me that.

He doesn´t need to touch the ball to be considered offside. So not relevant.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are Spurs fans doing much complaining?

And no way was it close to being highway robbery.

I was responding to the claim that the Dortmund goal shouldn't have counted because it might've been offside in the buildup.

The referees made a number of bad calls in this match, going both ways.

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
Maribor will try and get points from all their home games. Liverpool have key premier league games around the Maribor matches and Sevilla go to Maribor on the final matchday. That could be a meaningless game for Sevilla if their place is already decided. Going to Spartak in late November will be a challenge, so they may be fortunate to draw again in that matchup.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Amine Harit is as good though? :laugh:
Who said Harit was as good? :dunno:
Please link.
OTOH, I can link to some posts of yours...

Hey man, read this :
I wouldn't regard what Evilo says on this topic. He was very rude when Dembele vs. Pulisic vs. Mor came up. Its of course okay to have a bias towards the player of your nationality,

Dembele and Pulisic have been very even in stature for most of the season. Dembele has higher stature the last few weeks because he's playing better right now, but its been neck and neck all season.

Pulisic needs the ball less to be involved in the game, and is better without the ball than Dembele, and Mor, if we want to include him in this conversation. It totally depends what you want out of a game. There's no obvious hierarchy of the three.

I prefer a player that is the same nationality as myself. You also prefer a player that is the same nationality as yourself. All are good players and anyone who would say that one of much better than the other two right now is incorrect.

Jeffrey wrote this too :
I do like Pulisic but I'm I the only one that believe he is getting a bit overrated. There are other good young winger that might come cheaper and become better like Leon Bailey, Kylian M'Bappe, Julian Brandt and Thomas Lemar.

Mr Funny wrote a funny line too :
I still like Pulisic over Dembele

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
How many born 98 or later are as good as Pulisic? Mbappe and?

Development isn´t linear, but Pulisic is quite special. And I´m not American.

Sure, but he is nothing compared to Reus yet whom absolutely tears up the european stage.

Jan 3, 2012
Who said Harit was as good? :dunno:
Please link.
OTOH, I can link to some posts of yours...

Hey man, read this :

Jeffrey wrote this too :

Mr Funny wrote a funny line too :

You better find an actual post before you start saying people said this or that. and fast.

Also I stand by that.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
From a (fairly) neutral point of view:

- Dortmund's goal had an offside early, but Spurs had multiple chances to recover so I think it's hard to be too upset about that
- On Kane's first goal he fouled the player on the buildup (after he was fouled himself)
- Called off goal at the end of the half is close. It's easy to see how the official thought Auba was going for the ball and thus being active. Tough call, but I don't think you can be crazy upset at it, it's probably given as offside at least half the time in those cases.
- Called of Auba goal was just a brutal decision by the sideline judge.
- Don't think Vertonghen should have got straight red, but he should have got a second yellow for it, so no impact on this game. Wouldn't be surprised if it's reduced from 3 to 1 on appeal.
- Dortmund were the better team for almost the entire game, but were terrible defending the counter and the keeper was poor.
- Spurs defense wasn't great, especially for all the help they had in for their central defenders.

Overall I'd say both these teams need to improve significantly if they're gonna do anything except get stomped by Real Madrid.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Find a post? Well, I gave you your own quote.

You take Pulisic over Dembele?
Good you stand by it. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad