GWT: Champions League 22/23 group stage: Matchday 1

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
i think the offside line should be like 20-30cm thicker drawn in favor of the attacker so that it gives more leeway

Reactions: luiginb

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
FcFNo9oWIAMbm3A

I don't see it :laugh:

I don’t know who is the attacker and who is the defender but they look very level to me on this picture.

Reactions: luiginb

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Is this season for Liverpool looking like how Klopp ended his last season with Dortmund? Meaning he overworked the players and injuries caught up with the squad?

Ok what I was trying to say before the board glitched out was that at this point I would be fine with it going like his last season at Dortmund. He's not going to leave after all and I think when he left Dortmund he overreacted. They also had a great second half comeback that season.

I'd take that right now because at this point the injuries have facilitated a lack of rotation in the team, which leads to everyone getting more tired, and by the time players come back nearly the whole squad will be decimated with fatigue. So it's starting to feel like this could go very badly. The fact is they earned 100m for each of three CL finals they made. They spent it once and pocketed it the other two times. That's what they deserve. It's not like we're talking about expected earnings when it comes to that 100m. That's 200m they got and pocketed instead of spending it. That being said while that would help Klopp f***ed it in preseason. There's no way to fix that now. I'm sure he'll learn his lesson about how he trains these guys.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Interesting if Chelsea and Pool are on decline. Given their CL performances that might be the case.

Arsenal and … United might be on the return upwards.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
“Really tough to take. Not that difficult to explain. First and foremost, Napoli played a really good game and we didn’t.”

“Until Thiago entered the pitch, I cannot remember one counter pressing situation.”

“It looks like we have to reinvent ourselves. There’s a lot of things lacking.”

“With Alisson in goal, you have to be really bad to concede 3 goals in the first half.”

“If Wolves watch tonight, they can’t stop laughing at us.”

“We were not working as a team.”

“We don’t play good enough. It’s obvious. That’s why we lose games.”

“I need time to think about it. There’s a few things really obvious. We have to reset and go.”

The last line there makes me think he realized he f***ed it in preseason. So while it's too late to fix that entirely it's good for the future.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
That last line just sounds like Milner will be moved to left-bench cheerleader and Joe Gomez to train with the u18s.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
“Really tough to take. Not that difficult to explain. First and foremost, Napoli played a really good game and we didn’t.”

“Until Thiago entered the pitch, I cannot remember one counter pressing situation.”

“It looks like we have to reinvent ourselves. There’s a lot of things lacking.”

“With Alisson in goal, you have to be really bad to concede 3 goals in the first half.”

“If Wolves watch tonight, they can’t stop laughing at us.”

“We were not working as a team.”

“We don’t play good enough. It’s obvious. That’s why we lose games.”

“I need time to think about it. There’s a few things really obvious. We have to reset and go.”

The last line there makes me think he realized he f***ed it in preseason. So while it's too late to fix that entirely it's good for the future.
Probably needs to just sacrifice a domestic game and rest all of his top starters for at least 10 days.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Probably needs to just sacrifice a domestic game and rest all of his top starters for 10 days.

He should have sacrificed this game today. The team can't win in Napoli, this is the third or fourth time they got smashed there. It's in their heads.

What did Liverpool do wrong in pre-season? Apart from losing 4-1 to United ("but it's only pre-season")

Training sessions were supposedly grueling far beyond anything they'd done before. Tsimikas went so far as to say that nobody could understand how hard the training was unless they did it themselves and it was nothing like any other team he'd been on.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He should have sacrificed this game today. The team can't win in Napoli, this is the third or fourth time they got smashed there. It's in their heads.
He’s probably resigned to not winning the PL this year so most of his eggs are in the CL basket. Also probably wanted to see if they could pull off a result today to give his starters some confidence.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also to back up what I said about the training: Klopp moves Liverpool training up a level to tackle "completely different stage"

Klopp is confident that his side have been able to adapt to the different nature of this pre-season, and hopes to see the Salzburg clash move them up a gear.

“This pre-season we had to do slightly different and we wanted to do as well," he said.

"All of them (the players) will play the first time 90 minutes on Saturday, all of them. But that’s how we did the training.

“So the training sessions were intense to a specific point, that we could get fitter and fitter. The running sessions were extremely hard but we took care of them and now let’s see how we can grow in this season.

Yeah this backfired lol.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ya not buying this preseason fatigue from lfc…. Unless he had them climb Mount Everest preseason training shouldn’t kill the players. No matter how intense it was.

Seems to me like the squad has been run to the ground because of klopps tactics the past few years and the squad needed refreshing. Older players can’t come in and put in a solid shift. Milner/Hendo,

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ya not buying this preseason fatigue from lfc…. Unless he had them climb Mount Everest preseason training shouldn’t kill the players. No matter how intense it was.

Seems to me like the squad has been run to the ground because of klopps tactics the past few years and the squad needed refreshing. Older players can’t come in and put in a solid shift. Milner/Hendo,
Honestly should look at Jonathan David. The man can press and score. Might be a better fit than Nunez.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

It’s definitely a little of both

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
TAA isn’t THAT bad lol.
He’s not bad at all. But he is destined for the midfield. Buying another RB and putting Trent in midfield wouldn’t be the worst idea. Of course we sold Neco Williams because he didn’t think he would get minutes and bought Calvin Ramsay who should have failed his medical and he hasn’t played a second of game time this season. Oh and Joe Gomez can supposedly play there but we all saw Gomez’s work today.

Would rather Trent at RCM or on the Right if a three in a 4231 that whatever the shit we are seeing js.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He’s not bad at all. But he is destined for the midfield. Buying another RB and putting Trent in midfield wouldn’t be the worst idea. Of course we sold Neco Williams because he didn’t think he would get minutes and bought Calvin Ramsay who should have failed his medical and he hasn’t played a second of game time this season.

TBH I think putting him in the midfield would remove a ton of his open play value. His biggest edge is being able to play relatively unmarked out wide and use his incredible ball distribution to pick out runs and open passes.

Moving him into the midfield not only changes how teams defend against him, but also playing midfield under Klopp (successfully) requires way more commitment to the center of the park instead of out wide.

I think TAA would do incredible in a back 5 though, but I can't see Klopp seriously considering that for any significant stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad