GWT: Champions League 22/23 group stage: Matchday 1

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Lot of injuries, basically having to cobble together a midfield. No Konate. Virgil playing poorly. Salah off form right now.

But they’re also underperforming a lot. Much if it has been shit starts too. They haven’t scored first basically at all in the last 10 (against Bournemouth) so there’s a basically it’s happening again feeling

Yeah, if you don't have the right vibe in the team that can go a long way too.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not trolling, but wtf is going on with Liverpool? Early part of the season, but they should have won a treble last season.

Glad to see Trincao score as I'm guessing he needed that. Ditto for Kessie who has been average at best in regular season.

Did somebody get hurt? Why is Gerry playing?
They neglected the midfield this summer. They don’t run anymore. They don’t score first. They don’t play possession. They are a nothing burger. Injuries haven’t helped but it’s all rotten

Reactions: trostol

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm assuming the midfield and a lack of depth aren't helping either?
These things were very likely caused because of the training sessions. I mean they would have depth but all of it's injured and they just keep racking up injuries. Supposedly the training this season was more intense than previous seasons even though the squad is older. And last season was more intense than all the seasons before that. So obviously Klopp got it wrong thinking he can just ramp up the intensity every summer. It didn't work and there's no way to fix it now, the players are already cooked. And it's September.

What's funny is I can see Liverpool scoring three more goals here. They'll concede again though.

Reactions: les Habs

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Dude we both know you've admitted to trolling a bunch of times. You will have to wait for the rest of your life for my response because once you admit to trolling those are the only answers you're going to get instead of seeing me waste my time.
By all means, no one is requiring you to respond to any of my posts, especially those addressed and responding to someone else. You've spent more time posting about how you don't have time to post than it would take to respond to the post. If you can't see the difference between clear banter/troll posts and posts that contain a shit ton of factual information, that's fine. I don't really care if you respond. Just don't lord about like you're so above it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
By all means, no one is requiring you to respond to any of my posts, especially those addressed and responding to someone else. You've spent more time posting about how you don't have time to post than it would take to respond to the post. If you can't see the difference between clear banter/troll posts and posts that contain a shit ton of factual information, that's fine. I don't really care if you respond. Just don't lord about like you're so above it.
It takes a few seconds to fire off a one or two sentence response. It takes 20-30 minutes to find figures and show you’re wrong, but I am above it and I don’t care. It’s not worth my time and it’s pointless because you wouldn’t read them or feel differently anyway.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don’t really buy the Klopp killed players in preseason argument. Maybe in the sense that they went to Asia for the first time in a while, and they played a crap load last year. But what is true is injuries are leading to more injuries. Players who wouldn’t play are playing a lot. It’s a avalanche down a hill situation where it’s not letting up

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It takes a few seconds to fire off a one or two sentence response. It takes 20-30 minutes to find figures and show you’re wrong, but I am above it and I don’t care. It’s not worth my time and it’s pointless because you wouldn’t read them or feel differently anyway.
Lol, not only would I read them, but I wouldn't call it word barf, a waste of time, claim to be above responding to it whilst responding to it, or tell you that I don't care.

You are above it and you totally don't care. Post through it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad