Status
Not open for further replies.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
CHL_logo.png

European_Trophy_Logo.png

RTEmagicC_CHL_logo_2014_01.gif.gif

current logo is the worst... and red is awful. As it was said many times, this will fail again.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
If this tournament will fail, it surely won't be because of the logo.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
I think it's very interesting that there is so much talk about this CHL tournament and also ET before by KHL fans. Nobody in the countries that participate in CHL is really seeing whats the big deal.

KHL is a LEAGUE, CHL is a cup competition! KHL will have a limit of 32 participants - there is no money for more and 32 is also the limit for any professional league. More will just make you lose interest in it which is proven by many, many studies. ;)

So even if a team from Switzerland, Sweden and Germany joins KHL in the future, that doesn't mean the other team can't have their own tournament. What are KHL fans actually afraid of? That a "summer tournament" in the West gets more attention than the whole KHL as a league?

PS: The logo is really ugly. Like the one of some DIY market... should have kept the ET logo with another name on it.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
It will fail because it is preseason tournament, then gap and some mid season random games while every one are really pushing in their hockey leagues.

It simply will not work this way. Either you do European League or you don't do it, this is just as good as any preseason tournament so far - no less no more.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
It will fail because it is preseason tournament, then gap and some mid season random games while every one are really pushing in their hockey leagues.

It simply will not work this way. Either you do European League or you don't do it, this is just as good as any preseason tournament so far - no less no more.

But what's the problem with that? If that's what the teams want?

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
In my opinion, they should fold the Euro Hockey Tour and spread those dates out through the whole season to play the games of the Champions Hockey League instead!

From that, it would also fit for a future KHL-participation, and having the tournament spread out over the whole season would increase the interest!

LovroZG

Jan 12, 2014
I guess that the CHL is just trying to be a pendant league to the KHL. That's probably the reason why there are no KHL clubs in it despite all the talks and why some KHL fans are afraid of it.
Although, in my opinion, there's nothing to worry about since CHL is done in an ridiculous way(teams organising it themselves, rubbish prize money, ignoring the KHL, the ugliest possible logo, etc.) and it's really not advertising itself well. That's why people in countries participating aren't interested in it.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
But what's the problem with that? If that's what the teams want?

Well that's what I want at least. That was the point. It will fail as pretty meaningless league. If they don't want real euroleague, its okay, but they shouldn't talk like this is something new and big compared to ET.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I guess that the CHL is just trying to be a pendant league to the KHL. That's probably the reason why there are no KHL clubs in it despite all the talks and why some KHL fans are afraid of it.
Although, in my opinion, there's nothing to worry about since CHL is done in an ridiculous way(teams organising it themselves, rubbish prize money, ignoring the KHL, the ugliest possible logo, etc.) and it's really not advertising itself well. That's why people in countries participating aren't interested in it.

I think that was very little to do with people not being intrested. The main reason, its just a tournament, games played every now and then. People do not take that seriously, specially when major part of the games are serving as preseason games. That's why they aren't interested.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

It's not, there's only some rounds before the national leagues season start. Majority of the games are played during the season.

The 2014–15 season's regulation round will be played between 21 August 2014 and 7 October 2014.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Exarz;80706665[B said:
]In my opinion, they should fold the Euro Hockey Tour and spread those dates out through the whole season to play the games of the Champions Hockey League instead![/B]

From that, it would also fit for a future KHL-participation, and having the tournament spread out over the whole season would increase the interest!

Oh for crying out loud, it's been mentioned several times already, to you personally even, that this is the final year of the EHT. Pay attention! :rant: There's only the Finnish and Russian tournament's next year, the extra dates will be used for CHL and random international games.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Oh for crying out loud, it's been mentioned several times already, to you personally even, that this is the final year of the EHT. Pay attention! :rant: There's only the Finnish and Russian tournament's next year, the extra dates will be used for CHL and random international games.

I know that there will only be two tournaments for next season, I'm talking in a future perspective.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
They are individual tournaments. There is no EHT after this season, it was official a year ago already.

Sorry if I made something unclear for me and others, but I counted the tournaments held in Russia and Finland as a part of the EHT next season! I thought it was easier to still name those as EHT for people to understand, but apparently not :laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sorry if I made something unclear for me and others, but I counted the tournaments held in Russia and Finland as a part of the EHT next season! I thought it was easier to still name those as EHT for people to understand, but apparently not :laugh:

Those tournaments are rather lucrative for the host federations and I think the most profitable of the EHT tournaments. Which is why it's only natural those will continue for the next 3 years at least.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
They are individual tournaments. There is no EHT after this season, it was official a year ago already.

Most people in Europe never followed EHT. It's only a tournament of the best European players of these 4 countries to see who makes the WC roster. It's kinda stupid that they have 2 of these tournaments continuing...

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
For someone who has been dreaming about a European-wide hockey league, this is just a lame and meaningless tournament. And since they failed to establish an actual league, the KHL is all I care about now.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Most people in Europe never followed EHT. It's only a tournament of the best European players of these 4 countries to see who makes the WC roster. It's kinda stupid that they have 2 of these tournaments continuing...

It wasn't meant for them. It was meant for the best 4 European countries to build rosters for the Worlds and test new players in the national team. One could actually say that most of the hockey following Europe did follow it, since these countries have the moat hockey fans.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Any news on Russian participation? I'm dying to see Djurgården vs Salavat Yulaev.

No updates from what I've heard and seen.

I just have to mention that I was lucky enough to see Salavat play during their training camp i Sweden 2010!

They played against Västerås and tied us 3-3 with 29 seconds left of the game. Still, a tie for a Swedish team in the second division against the Gagarin Cup winners the same season! I have to add that Salavat beat the other Swedish teams pretty easily, so a tie against Västerås - what a shame for Salavat :laugh:

The local journalists tried to get an interview with Salavat's headcoach, but he only said "net" and closed the door to the locker room :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
participants:

A-license:

Germany: Mannheim, Berlin, Krefeld, Ingoldstadt
Austria: Salzburg, Vienna
Schwiss: Bern, Fribourg, Zürich, Zug
Finland: HIFK, JYP, KalPa, Kärpät, Tampere, Turku
Sweden: Frölunda, Jönköping, Linköping, Luleå, Färjestad, Djurgården
Czech: Liberec, Pardubice, Sparta Praha, Vítkovice

B-license:

Germany: Hamburg, Cologne/Wolfsburg
Austria: Villach, Bolzano(Italy)
Schwiss: Kloten, Genève
Finland: SaiPa, Lukko
Sweden: Skellefteå, Växjö
Czech: Třinec, Zlín/Brno

C-license:

Slovakian Champion(Košice or Nitra)
Norwegian Champion(VÃ¥lerenga or Stavanger)

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
In my opinion we can't compare this CHL with other similar competitions in Europe.

The most important aspect is because in hockey you have mainly a championship where the teams are playing at lest 4 times each other, and in football, handball, basketball, almost all the national leagues are with two matches (home-away).

Why there is the need for such a competition? Because these clubs (A license) are trying to increase their finances and they think that in order to win more money this might work.

Regarding the presence of KHL teams I'm not surprised that no club is here. And I don't think that this will produce a negative impact to KHL. Now there are a few question marks regarding the next season of KHL and the league should focus on fixing these and how the expansion should be approached in the future.

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
In my opinion we can't compare this CHL with other similar competitions in Europe.

The most important aspect is because in hockey you have mainly a championship where the teams are playing at lest 4 times each other, and in football, handball, basketball, almost all the national leagues are with two matches (home-away).

Why there is the need for such a competition? Because these clubs (A license) are trying to increase their finances and they think that in order to win more money this might work.

Regarding the presence of KHL teams I'm not surprised that no club is here. And I don't think that this will produce a negative impact to KHL. Now there are a few question marks regarding the next season of KHL and the league should focus on fixing these and how the expansion should be approached in the future.

CHL is not a league, it's a tournament. In order to become prestigeous, this tournament needs teams from KHL to participate. But, I guess KHL doesn't want to join CHL for the same reason western teams doesn't want to join the KHL - they are not in control of the league/tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad