Champions Hockey League opens in August 2014 [without KHL Teams]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Skellefteå - Nottingham 22-1 was not a joke... But the other text was a joke. Good for them if they have 5000 in the stands. Don't expect a miracle from Nottingham, they will be "the Tahiti" of this tournament.
It would not be 22-1, we're probably gonna ice half our junior team in this tournament.

I don't mind the additions, it's not a best on best tournament after all. A Skellefteåfan who "designs" some of Skellefteås tifos (like this) lives near Nottingham nowadays, I'm sure he and his friends would love if we faced them. And I would get a reason to visit. :handclap:

SCBdude

SC Bern 1931
Sep 20, 2012
Eisstadion Allmend
It would not be 22-1, we're probably gonna ice half our junior team in this tournament.

I don't mind the additions, it's not a best on best tournament after all. A Skellefteåfan who "designs" some of Skellefteås tifos (like this) lives near Nottingham nowadays, I'm sure he and his friends would love if we faced them. And I would get a reason to visit. :handclap:
That sure is one sweet tifo :yo:

Turkued

Feb 28, 2014
Sheffield

Nothing against Nottingham, but Sheffield is the one English club with the arena, support and potential to leap to the next level. The arena holds just under 12,000 with room for expansion at one end. Good motorway access, dedicated tram stop, capable of pulling from Leeds,, Manchester and, yes, Nottingham if they were in a league a level above. But..

...the Sheffield - Nottingham rivalry is every bit as intense as Jokerit-HIFK. Just on a bit smaller scale, but only a bit.

frank16

May 17, 2010
Nothing against Nottingham, but Sheffield is the one English club with the arena, support and potential to leap to the next level. The arena holds just under 12,000 with room for expansion at one end. Good motorway access, dedicated tram stop, capable of pulling from Leeds,, Manchester and, yes, Nottingham if they were in a league a level above. But..

...the Sheffield - Nottingham rivalry is every bit as intense as Jokerit-HIFK. Just on a bit smaller scale, but only a bit.

The Sheffield arena actually holds about 8,650 for hockey events (8,300 seats +350 in boxes) - http://www.sheffieldsteelersihc.co.uk/motorpoint-arena-s14607. Nottingham's arena holds just above 7,000 so not a lot of difference. Nottingham's arena is also much nicer and a much better arena to watch a game of hockey

Games between Nottingham and Sheffield always sell-out. Think there was a game this season when Nottingham sold it out about a month in advance

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Even though Skellefteå might be the best ranked team, shouldn't Kärpät be ranked as number one since JYP won the European Trophy last season?

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
Even though Skellefteå might be the best ranked team, shouldn't Kärpät be ranked as number one since JYP won the European Trophy last season?

"The 44 teams have been ranked and placed into four baskets of 11 teams each. Following the draw, each group will consist of one team from each basket. The following criteria was used to rank the teams:

1. Champions of the six founding leagues,

2. Regular season winners of the six founding leagues,

3. Remaining A- and B-license teams according to placing within their leagues,

4. Wild card teams, according to placing finish within their leagues.

Where teams finished in the same place in their respective leagues, they are ranked according to the IIHF World Ranking of the leagues."

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
"The 44 teams have been ranked and placed into four baskets of 11 teams each. Following the draw, each group will consist of one team from each basket. The following criteria was used to rank the teams:

1. Champions of the six founding leagues,

2. Regular season winners of the six founding leagues,

3. Remaining A- and B-license teams according to placing within their leagues,

4. Wild card teams, according to placing finish within their leagues.

Where teams finished in the same place in their respective leagues, they are ranked according to the IIHF World Ranking of the leagues."

Edit: Sorry, missed the last part about the world ranking :facepalm::laugh:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It was mentioned already in the first posts of this thread that since this is a response to the KHL expansion it was sort of sensible to have a thread of it here.

Since a majority of the posts seem to consist of putting down something that hasn't been in seen yet (in true HFBoards style) and trying to spread negative propaganda, I don't see the point of this thread being in this section anymore. It would be better to either merge with the one I linked or close it.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ I agree Jussi, and best we just Close it. Irrelevant to the KHL at this time. Redundant.

Fini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad