ERC Ingolstadt,
Krefeld Pinguine.
SWITZERLAND (NLA):
SC Bern,
Fribourg-Gottéron,
ZSC Lions Zurich,
EV Zug.
SWEDEN (SHL):
Djurgården Stockholm (currently playing in second-tier Allsvenskan), Frölunda Gothenburg,
Färjestad Karlstad,
HV71 Jönköping,
Linköpings HC,
Luleå Hockey.

+ 14 other clubs

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
As Zaugg said, ECC is joke.

CHAMPIONS league without russian clubs and WITH Allsvenskan club?? What?

Sucro

Rhymesayers Fanboy
May 11, 2013
Vienna
as a khl follower, i waited very long for this news.
i think this is a kinda good news for the khl. what do you guys mean?

The success of that league depends on sponsorship and tv rights, as in any other league. It's not likely that Red Bull only and teams themselves can afford 40-teams project, especially inviting some French/other leagues clubs. That's literally just renamed and enlarged version of the European Trophy, I don't see how they are going to increase the prestige of that tournament playing matches pre-season. That tournament doesn't have any connection with old european club championships, unlike basketball Euroleague, so that's not a proper comparison, even if you can compare its license system with these founding members.
btw, they will use CHL as a name, the abbreviation that the KHL tried to avoid

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The success of that league depends on sponsorship and tv rights, as in any other league. It's not likely that Red Bull only and teams themselves can afford 40-teams project, especially inviting some French/other leagues clubs. That's literally just renamed and enlarged version of the European Trophy, I don't see how they are going to increase the prestige of that tournament playing matches pre-season. That tournament doesn't have any connection with old european club championships, unlike basketball Euroleague, so that's not a proper comparison, even if you can compare its license system with these founding members.
That is another mistake of this tournament... Every hockey fan tell you that CHL is canadian hockey league (Q,OHL,WHL).... big mistake, René, big mistake.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
I feel relieved. I was hoping that KHL won't involve themselves in yet another time waste, but there is always Tretyak and that FHR gang, who if given the chance would reduce the KHL season to 15 games - inbetween EHT, Champions league, Euro Cup, golden stick cup, Tretiyak Trophy and some more tourneys to check out players for the 6th line in the World Cup team Russia.

It's good that KHL have made definitive terms on which it will join and held to them.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
the khl calendar is mangled enough with those euro tour breaks... yeah, let's cram into it even more games. none the less, i think medvedev'd like to participate in this monstrosity but some conditions remained insurmountable. tis for the better.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Basically just European Trophy with uprgraded name. And a stupid one at that. Champions league, without the league champions? Fixed clubs? What were they thinking?

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
KHL sould not join simply because of the calendar. And make the EuroTour a two event tournament!
+ lets start the regular season in the 4th week in august, so we will have 3 more weeks for the next regular season, what means its possible to make about 10 reg. season games more.

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
Kinda think that getting february back is good enough, just don't think games in august would be a popular thing.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
"Now is prize money 1-1,5M euro" said Briza. Is it joke or he is serious? Can anybody tell me? :D

Jokeri

Jul 1, 2013
Oh my god!! for the sake of the euro clubs, please stop this nonsense... 1 million not even enough for travelling.
I liked chl before but this a joke, maybe next season they get clubs from Mestis or French second league...
I hope Eisbaren and Swiss clubs understand that KHL is future want it or not.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

The Clubs listed in the OP have guaranteed entry for the first three seasons after which teams will be chosen on sporting merits. They are going with sporting purposes at first, not financial. They also have a partner already to negotiate tv contracts.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
KHL sould not join simply because of the calendar. And make the EuroTour a two event tournament!

Euro Tour will be changed/eliminated after this season, that has been confirmed ages ago. The Finnish and Russian tournaments however will remain for the next three years.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
When those 14 other clubs will be announced ?

Participating clubs, schedule and format will be announce before the ET finals in Berlin. If national champions come outside the stakeholders, then those will naturally be among the 14. According to Ilta-Sanomat, the groups will be drawn in May, the games will begin one week before the start of national leagues, then played during Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Last edited:

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
As Zaugg said, ECC is joke.

CHAMPIONS league without russian clubs and WITH Allsvenskan club?? What?

If Djurgården isn't promoted this season they won't be allowed to participate. And as of right now, the chance of us (Djurgården) being promoted is less than 10% in my opinion. We're stuck in the middle of the standings and we're not playing well at all.

But, fact is that we actually made the playoffs in European Trophy this year as a second tier team. Somehow, our game style did not fit the other teams that we played. We could just defend and then go for 2-on-1s and with a little bit of luck we won our group.

By doing this, almost 400 Djurgården fans will join the finals in Berlin, for a final big adventure before we're gonna get stuck in the purgatory of Swedish hockey. It's a party but at the same time a little bit like a funeral. One last dance, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad