Champions Hockey League Gameday Discussion 2019/2020

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Not much in the way of upsets today. Plzen with a nice victory over Hameenlina in Finland to stay tied with Zug in that group. Ban Bystrica got a much needed win over RB Munich. Liberec also got their first points with a win over Belfast. And Frolunda got their first win, defeating Graz.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Rest of game day 3 today. Most interesting game for me is Lausanne and Yunost. It's Yunost's first road game, after winning their first 2 at home. Be interesting to see how they perform today and see if they can maintain their hot start, or if it's going to come crashing down today.

Big day for Tappara, Frisk Asker, Trinec and Vienna as they all try to get their first wins. Game of the day is probably Augsburger and Lulea, who are in a 3 way tie with Belfast for first place in Group C.

Reactions: Slimmy

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
This is what preseason with some heavy training looks like

Can't blame it all on preseason though. We (Färjestad) have not been as near as bad in defensive zone so far as Djurgården are today. Now it is 6-3. Svedberg doesn't feel like a comfortable goalie for you guys.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Can't blame it all on preseason though. We (Färjestad) have not been as near as bad in defensive zone so far as Djurgården are today. Now it is 6-3. Svedberg doesn't feel like a comfortable goalie for you guys.

Djurgården haven't neither up until today. Maybe they have planned their preseasons different and are in different stages? Not too worried at this point but the goalie situation is a question mark. Jensen doesn't cut it and we'll have to wait and see with Svedberg. This is his first game and he's only been on the ice for a week I think

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Good game by Mannheim so far (They are up 4-0) after the first period vs. Tychy.
I really like that line of Stützle - Smith - Huhtala, but overall its just a dominant performance by Mannheim.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Djurgården haven't neither up until today. Maybe they have planned their preseasons different and are in different stages? Not too worried at this point but the goalie situation is a question mark. Jensen doesn't cut it and we'll have to wait and see with Svedberg. This is his first game and he's only been on the ice for a week I think

You conceded a lot of goals against Oskarshamn too. I don't know about which stages the teams are in. It is hard to tell at this point. But that could also be the case of course. I'm not sure Svedberg will be any better than he was in Timrå. He doesn't feel comfortable out there. We can't rule him out yet though.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
It's on the smaller side with a capacity of 6139. So their attendance of 5624 today was close to sold out.
Thats nice. Good numbers, as i said earlier anything closer to 4k average in the whole tournament would be atleast decent. I have a good feeling about this overall. The attendance figures are enougj for the teams to break even or even collect a profit and thats all thats needed right now. The prestige and glory, rivalries etc. come after years and years. Things have picked up rather nicely already in Finland. CHL is im the media alot and fans appreciate it more.

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
My prediction is that all Liiga Teams drop out. 0 in K.O.
Odds for that are pretty slim though... Tappara has their 2 games against frisk asker, pelicans their 2 against Minsk, hpk their 2 against rungsted...and ofcourse Kärpät in the lead in their group. You can ofcourse hope for that to happen but the chances of that must be less than 5%, heh.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Odds for that are pretty slim though... Tappara has their 2 games against frisk asker, pelicans their 2 against Minsk, hpk their 2 against rungsted...and ofcourse Kärpät in the lead in their group. You can ofcourse hope for that to happen but the chances of that must be less than 5%, heh.
This not my hope(I like finnish hockey incl. Liiga). This is my pessimistic view. ;)

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
SAIK and Bern go through. My prediction the CHL win a SHL or NLA Team.
Tough group. But I'm sure they will go through to the KO's. And once there, they are one of the favorites to win the tournament.

scud9

Jun 2, 2006
Tough group. But I'm sure they will go through to the KO's. And once there, they are one of the favorites to win the tournament.

Outside of KHL you could argue that this group has three of top 10 orgs in european hockey. Grenoble is also a decent pro team which can also win couple of games like the win over Skellefteå. At the moment Kärpät (and Bern) seems to be a favorite to go through needing only one win from remaining three games.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Outside of KHL you could argue that this group has three of top 10 orgs in european hockey. Grenoble is also a decent pro team which can also win couple of games like the win over Skellefteå. At the moment Kärpät (and Bern) seems to be a favorite to go through needing only one win from remaining three games.

Skellefteå isn’t that good anymore. They will fight hard to even make it to the playoffs in the SHL this season i think. They were just a fluke in swedish hockey as we have seen so many times before. It is hard to stay on top if you don’t have the tradition.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Karpat lost the home game vs Bern. Now the play today in Bern and then the doubleheader ve SAIK. Very very difficult.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad